[techno] Shade (mp3) hey remember me?

Started by hellscion, December 10, 2007, 20:28:19

Previous topic - Next topic

hellscion

Once again i return. A new song for you.. tell me what you think  :)

http://www.theastralprojekt.com/shade.mp3

It is called shade, sounds like trip-hop fused with industrial. if you can imagine that. anyways, comments are appreciated. im a little more calmed down than in the past.. :wink:
Sometimes in order to see the light you have to risk the dark.

Sam_Zen

Quite enjoyable choice of sounds and treatments. Kinda sneaky atmosphere which fits the title.

My problem with things like this is a bit :
The harmonic content stays very flat all the time, changing a few groundtones once in a while, within the same level.
So the tension comes from the sound of the instruments, but not from the score.

And usually at the end, because there must be, one is trying to compensate this by adding some wilder variations, but it's a bit too late imo.

hellscion

heh, uhhhhh things like what? not completely sure i understand but i had actually been told that i shouldve kept the same 'vibe' throughout, rather than changing to the more aggressive industrial sound..

confusion.

anyways, how have you been sam zen? staying busy it would seem..

Sam_Zen

Still busy indeed, thank you for your interest.
So if you have done what's being told you about keeping the same vibe throughout, you've succeeded, no doubt about that.

hellscion

It is unprofessional to mix instruments at varying volume levels.  thats where dissonance comes from.. Because the dynamic sound changes dont agree with analogue mastering and reverb. however, in a tracking program it sound good.