modPlug Tracker and microKORG

Started by pafufta816, December 06, 2007, 22:53:04

Previous topic - Next topic

pafufta816

after a long battle of wits and my limited amount of knowledge, i have been able to control my microKORG synth entirely from modPlug Tracker.  here's the set-up:

USB to MIDI (in/out) device connecting my MacPro (running windows) to my microKORG

the microKORG is controlled with Korgs sound editor (so i can manage the sounds) the audio-OUT goes into my Line6 Toneport (for effects/EQ/recording)

i record using Audacity (using the Toneport as the sounddevice, giving me high quality audio :D )

some free, tiny, VST called VSTtoMIDI

using all this i can program the notes in, and change different sound parameters on the keyboard.  it's a great set - up.  and it sure beats the hell out of letting something like fruityloops control all of your vst for you.  i've finally come upon some real control over sound with modPlug tracker.
www.myspace.com/consentualabuse
www.myspace.com/neongenesis816

maleek

Excellent that you let other people know about this. Maybe you should add a little guide to the modplug tracker wiki. :)

http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

älskling

Quote from: "pafufta816"it's a great set - up.  and it sure beats the hell out of letting something like fruityloops control all of your vst for you.  i've finally come upon some real control over sound with modPlug tracker.
while I don't disagree with it being a great setup, I somehow wonder if you fully explored the possibilites of using something like fruityloops to control good VST's.