Row Delay

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, December 04, 2007, 11:18:53

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

It'd be nice if there was a "row delay" effect which functioned just like the note delay, but for the entire row... It'd make swing much easier.

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"It'd be nice if there was a "row delay" effect which functioned just like the note delay, but for the entire row... It'd make swing much easier.

EDITING... LOL, I now see what you're after.

If you want to make a swing that goes through all channels, I suggest to use a speed swing.

A08
A03
A08
A03

etc...

You can vary the swing using this technique and it will work just as good as the note delay. (it also works if you change the tempo)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

LPChip, without knowing your post before the edit, i suppose it was right... :P

There IS indeed an effect that you're looking for. It's called Pattern Delay and is SEx ( :nuts: ) in IT and EEx in XM format.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... That's nice to know. Just another of those SExy features... (Sorry!)

bvanoudtshoorn

I just tested that SEx, Jojo. Unfortunately, it's not actually what I'm after. It works in terms of rows, whereas SDx works in terms of frames.  :( And I can't do a speed-swing (using Axx) because I use the "Modern" tempo mode.

Saga Musix

Hmmm. What I totally forgot back then is that there is also S6x - Fine pattern delay - which works with ticks, just like SDx. I guess this one can be closed then?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

I guess so! I'll check it out, and if it's not quite what I'm after, I'll reopen. :)

rewbs

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"And I can't do a speed-swing (using Axx) because I use the "Modern" tempo mode.

Probably a stupid question, but if you're using the modern timing mode and you want to shuffle, why not vary the tempo with with Txx?

bvanoudtshoorn

Tempo synchronisation in plugins. :) Delay effects (for example) would get messed around.

Saga Musix

Indeed. The delay in Synth1 is completely messed up when using Txx or Axx anywhere, in any tempo mode...