[Minimalist] Desert Dunes [.it]

Started by aGIANTpupafish, December 01, 2007, 16:29:07

Previous topic - Next topic

aGIANTpupafish

for my music project, i mentioned this a while back.

it's just piano, the piano i used can be found here http://www.yohng.com/piano.html

or just put your own piano / VSTi in instrument 1.  it's the notes that matter for this not the mix etc.

link: http://flabby.tv/desert winds (minimalist piano).it

i'm especially pleased with the second half of this.

regards,

aGp[/code]
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

tvdude

It's a nice tune, and I agree the second part is very nice.  I remember you mentioning this was a music project.  How long did it take to write?
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

aGIANTpupafish

it's not due in till next Monday, so i can make changes btw (still have to do the write up though :( )

this took me 3 or 4 weeks to write (very on / off composing)

i went through a few different ideas, but they were a bit too modern and not 'nice' enough to be called minimalist i figured.
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

Very nice, and you're right, it's about the notes, the composition, not the used sounds.

First I loaded the piano DLL, still got some error about a 'Graceverb' plugin, but I suppose it's some reverb, so not relevant to the core of the composition. Missable.

Then I followed your suggestion, and replaced the plugin with a sample of an electric piano.
The result can be found here
I noticed during playback, that the codes ** 01, I guess a note-off instruction, was neglected now.

aGIANTpupafish

yeah 'glaceverb' is just reverb, it's not important.

do you mean == 01 wasnt working?.

the electric piano was quite nice, although it felt a little too bright in places for the mood i was looking for.

thanks for your comments

aGp

Saga Musix

You'll have to create a NNA event in order to make == working with normal samples...
very nice piano thingy ;) GlaceVerb can be found at KVR.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.