[Production] Hammer (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, December 08, 2007, 03:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I'm not the composer here, but more the producer.
A song by my friend Paul Dunki Jacobs.
But I think it's relevant to post it, because I used MPT in the process to mix some sounds in it.
Plus the item rncekel introduced, the backward vocals.
Here I reversed a complete verse, and, amazingly, it fits.
http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/pauldj/hammer_3.ogg

tvdude

Sam, this is truly excellent.  Congratulations on a professional production.  Does your friend have an album out?  it is very reminiscent of Leonard Cohen, whom I like very much.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

Thanks a lot.

I have to be a bit more specific. We've done some more work like this, and I also play instruments in them.
So I'm more the engineer too, mixing the actual recording.
In this one I just played the background metronome with MPT on a laptop though.
The final production of the material was done together of course.

I'm actually planning a small album. So far, We've made 4 works according to this concept, of which one song is only finished halfway, so part one. And beside these 'produced' songs, I also have material of improvised sessions, another concept.

Production environment : I have two simple SB soundcards on board, so I can record 2 stereo-tracks at the same time.
Both cards are fed by a mixer I made, with 12 -> 2 and 2 -> 2 with a panning facility for each mono input. No equalizer.
Due to tech boundaries like clockspeed, my multitrack mixer (CEP) can handle a max of 6 stereo-tracks.

The things I publish still are a stereo-mixdown most of the time, because the master is produced in a four-channel format.

hellscion

hmm im at a loss for words. a well produced track but leprechaun music just isnt my thing  8)
Sometimes in order to see the light you have to risk the dark.