Test builds

Started by Relabsoluness, December 01, 2007, 14:26:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "Jojo"maybe this changed your bass boost, reverb or whatever settings?
If I perform a test, I do it 'flat', so no bass boost, etc. or EQ active.

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Request: Can you change the default from Dry/Wet to MIDI, or give the option to? The plugs I use most already work properly, so I'll be using MIDI a lot more. :)
Yes, it might be useful to be able to define the default. But the default propably won't be changed to MIDI simply because not all plugs respond to MIDI volume message, but dry/wet works for all.

Yeah... The problem with dry/wet is that it affects the whole volume of the instrument, not just that note... :) But being able to change the default would be fine with me, as long as it was a tracker-setting, not a song-setting. :)

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"If I perform a test, I do it 'flat', so no bass boost, etc. or EQ active.
well i just indicated that those settings could have been changed for whatever reason... :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Yeah... The problem with dry/wet is that it affects the whole volume of the instrument, not just that note... :)
The same problem is with "MIDI volume"-setting. But when "Note velocity" is set to "Use channelvolume"(default), Dry/wet ratio or MIDI volume is not set when volume command is used with note. So the dry/wet setting and MIDI volume setting are similar in this sense: both affect the whole plugin.

Diamond

Quote from: "seventhson"But i wonder,is someone still planning on adding more midi macro's?
In a way I hope not; I would rather see better plug parameter control altogether.

I agree.  Direct control of VST parameters from the pattern view is something we've been waiting a long time for.  Better to improve this than simply adding more MIDI macros.

seventhson

Quote from: "Diamond"
Quote from: "seventhson"But i wonder,is someone still planning on adding more midi macro's?
In a way I hope not; I would rather see better plug parameter control altogether.

I agree.  Direct control of VST parameters from the pattern view is something we've been waiting a long time for.  Better to improve this than simply adding more MIDI macros.

Direct control would be better i guess,however i don't really mind how automation works right now.
Somehow i think that adding more macro's would be alot easier to implement (and would also be a nice short term solution) then to implement a whole new system for automation which will probably take a lot of time to develop,test and implement,not to mention that there is no real concensus on how this new automation system should look and function.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "seventhson"Somehow i think that adding more macro's would be alot easier to implement (and would also be a nice short term solution) then to implement a whole new system for automation which will probably take a lot of time to develop,test and implement,not to mention that there is no real concensus on how this new automation system should look and function.
Some discussion about the automation matters(*) can be found found from "More midi macros"-request. Personally I find the way outlined by Pelya quite nice(introducing special "notes" for controlling parameters), and it doesn't seem particularly hard to implement either (although that's just an (un)educated guess).

(*) In this context, does "automation" really mean simply "controlling VST params from pattern"?

seventhson

I know i started that thread (although it is quite old now)  :lol:

I'd still like it to resemble the way it is working now,we have quite a bit of control over automating vst parameters with using Z00 to Z7f or with the /00 to /7f.

About the (*),what else is there to automate ?

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "seventhson"About the (*),what else is there to automate ?
I just wanted to confirm it because for me automation gave an impression of something else than simply controlling params from pattern. But indeed it can be seen as sort of automation.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Got it.
Yep, Daisy likes to say that when it is her turn! As for a couple of updates, that is interesting because I do not recall Modplug Tracker asking me to update when I opened it like it used to, so I did not know anything about them until I saw the topic about new builds (or whatever it is called)!

älskling

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I just wanted to confirm it because for me automation gave an impression of something else than simply controlling params from pattern. But indeed it can be seen as sort of automation.
My definition also involves recording parameter changes from plugin and using LFO's to control plugin parameters.

seventhson

Quote from: "seventhson"About the (*),what else is there to automate ?
I just wanted to confirm it because for me automation gave an impression of something else than simply controlling params from pattern. But indeed it can be seen as sort of automation.

Yeah i understand.  :)
I'm so used to the whole vst thing that i just wasn't able to come up with anything else that would fit the automation description except maybe stuff like volume or panning which we allready have commands for,which is why it's good to have other people thinking about this stuff too.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

midi-mapping seems to work awesomely good, but i just seem to have found a bug:
when i assign the modwheel of my keyboard to some vst (channel doesn't matter) it will also affect other plugins' parameters if those are assigned to other midi-controllers....
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

i tested this aswell when BSV told me about it and i have to second this report, the mod wheel seems to pass the values to all plugs while other knobs don't...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

EDIT: Modwheel affects assigned params even without being assigned itself
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V