.48 Wierd Error

Started by aGIANTpupafish, November 19, 2007, 21:23:17

Previous topic - Next topic

aGIANTpupafish

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Relabsoluness

I doubt anyone can tell the answer ;)

Sam_Zen

Could be some idiotic user right problem. Is this Vista?
And what's the URL you see when doing a mouse-over on these two 'click here' links?

Really Weird Person

Based on the looks of the physical window itself, I am going to guess that aGIANTpupafish runs Windows XP on his computer. Even if he does not run XP, I am not sure why he would get an error like that. I have used Modplug Tracker for quite some time and do not recall ever having seen that error. I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and have not seen that error at all, even on the 64-bit OS.

LPChip

In order to troubleshoot your question, its required to know more about the situation before that dialog popped up. Were you running other applications? How long was it ago since your last boot? (note: standby doesn't count) What were you doing inside OpenMPT? How many songs had you open?

Weird errors can often be caused by memory fragments that gets corrupted, something that can happen if windows has been used extensivelly or has been run quite long after last boot, with exception from server versions of XP as they're build around memory management.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

aGIANTpupafish

hi,  I'm on Windows XP

the original error that comes up is the usual:  "OpenMPT / ModPlug Tracker has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The screenshot i showed u was from clicking on the "data this error report contains"

this error comes up everytime i try to open OpenMPT, since yesterday.

also, clicking on debug does nothing  :cry:
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Saga Musix

Try to remove the mptrack.ini file. Does this help?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

aGIANTpupafish

Yes! wow thanks jojo.    :D

u've had similar issues before?

Relabsoluness

Please tell you have a copy of the old ini-file? It could be invaluable for bug fixing purposes.

aGIANTpupafish

relabs:

[EDIT BY MOD: Left only the relevant part of the ini-file]

[Toolbars-Bar0]
BarID=59419
Bars=3
Bar#0=0
Bar#1=59392
Bar#2=0
[Toolbars-Bar1]
BarID=59392
XPos=-2
YPos=-2
Docking=1
MRUDockID=59419
MRUDockLeftPos=-2
MRUDockTopPos=-2
MRUDockRightPos=749
MRUDockBottomPos=30
MRUFloatStyle=8196
MRUFloatXPos=-2147483648
MRUFloatYPos=70
[Toolbars-Bar2]
BarID=59393
[Toolbars-Bar3]
BarID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
3]
BarID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
ID=409
ID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
ID=409
ars-Bar1]
BarID=59392
XPos=-2
YPos=-2
Docking=1
MRUDockID=59419
MRUDockLeftPos=-2
MRUDockTopPos=-2
MRUDockRightPos=749
MRUDockBottomPos=30
MRUFloatStyle=8196
MRUFloatXPos=-2147483648
MRUFloatYPos=70
[Toolbars-Bar2]
BarID=59393
[Toolbars-Bar3]
BarID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
3]
BarID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
ID=409
ID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
ID=409
rID=409
ID=409
ID=409
[Recent File List]
File1=C:\...
File2=C:\...
File3=C:\..
File4=C...
File5=C:\...

Sorry for this rather spam-like post :P

Saga Musix

No I hadn't, but it always helps to reset a program to its default settings... :)
Since MPT should not crash on any system like THAT, I already smelled that there had to be something wrong with configuration... ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

2aGIANTpupafish
Thanks for the ini-data.

2LPChip
Worth moving this thread to bug reports?

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
2LPChip
Worth moving this thread to bug reports?

Sure, if you think this is a bug. :)

I'll move it there. That way you can move it back if you feel that its not suited. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

aGiantPupafish, can you confirm that this has been fixed?

aGIANTpupafish

yes it's fine since removing the .ini file