.45 Muted instrument is not saved

Started by Rakib, November 18, 2007, 06:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.45 yes I am still using this old version,waiting for a breakthrough in vst-suppport

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...) Dunno

Description of the bug:

When you mute an instrument, it is not save. So when you open the song again you will find the instrument un-muted.

How often does it happen?:

All the time  ::)

How to reproduce (step by step description):

Mute an instrument. Close modplug. Open modplug. Load the song and play and you will find the unmuted instrument play.
^^

LPChip

Have you tested this behavor in .48? It could very well have been solved already.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Updating to .48 or newer is delayed untill the vst support has gone better.
So havent tried, dont wanna risk risk messing up with my songs yet.

Maybe others will try it out?
^^

LPChip

If you're not willing to test it in .48, then I see no reason to keep this bug open.

Note that you can run .45 and .48 next to eachother without problems. Just make sure that you rename the exe file of .48, or even better: run .48 in a seperate directory.

When you've tested this in .48, please reply so I can reopen the bug (or keep it closed if you can confirm that it has been fixed)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

if i get this right, you're muting an instrument in the treeview and want this to be saved. I think this is not possible and it's not part of the .it (or .xm or whatever) specification.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Will this be consideres to be a feature in MPTM then?
^^

Saga Musix

Not at the time of writing at least.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^