MIDI mapping

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, November 09, 2007, 12:05:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

i really second BSV.
and i don't think that it would be that difficult, just a suggestion how ReBirth does this:

You can define which Parameter (in this case: Control parameter x of VST(i) y or control effect x or wahtever) should be assigned to which midi command... i.e. if i turn a knob on my synth, it will send a specific MIDI command with values between 0 and 127. so one can easily assign those MIDI commands to one of the mentioned actions in this way:
1) List all parameters
2) user selects one of the parameters
3) users turns a knob or whatever on his midi instrument
4) openmpt recognized which MIDI message was used and will assign this message to the given attribute / parameter.

this is a fairly easy and also free way to assign parameters, like BSV wants it to be, right?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Jojo"i really second BSV.
and i don't think that it would be that difficult, just a suggestion how ReBirth does this:

You can define which Parameter (in this case: Control parameter x of VST(i) y or control effect x or wahtever) should be assigned to which midi command... i.e. if i turn a knob on my synth, it will send a specific MIDI command with values between 0 and 127. so one can easily assign those MIDI commands to one of the mentioned actions in this way:
1) List all parameters
2) user selects one of the parameters
3) users turns a knob or whatever on his midi instrument
4) openmpt recognized which MIDI message was used and will assign this message to the given attribute / parameter.

this is a fairly easy and also free way to assign parameters, like BSV wants it to be, right?
precisely
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Well, in the end, its up to the developers. I'm only here to stir up the hive :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "LPChip"Well, in the end, its up to the developers. I'm only here to stir up the hive :nuts:

/me kicks lpchip's dutch ass  :P

LPChip

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"
Quote from: "LPChip"Well, in the end, its up to the developers. I'm only here to stir up the hive :nuts:

/me kicks lpchip's dutch ass  :P

... and misses :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

what a qualified discussion! :lol:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

woooooohoooooo!!! working nicely in .50!!!!  :boogie:
(as far as i can tell by now....)

even "midi learn".... you guys are my f*cking heroes!