OMPT as Donationware?

Started by maleek, October 25, 2007, 10:05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

maleek

Hi,

The subject of paying for Modplug Tracker was up a couple of years ago. And since then we've seen some water under the bridges, and now we have OMPT which is one of the stronger tracking platforms which is fully freeware I want to raise this topic for those who frequent these messageboards.

What about channeling some recourses via paypal or users donations? These recourses could go to fincancing things like Modplug Central, devs electronic wizardry, and generally motivating the kind people who keep Modplug an alive platform to continue? I think there are many people who begun making music via Modplug, and probably enough who still uses it to channel recourses to push the envelope even forward.

Or, what do you think?

Sam_Zen

I agree with älskling. Creative Commons is a nice concept.

Relabsoluness

Although it might be nice if people helped OMPT by donating money, I think there are probably better ways to support the project.

Rakib

^^

maleek

:P Ok now I understand. Modplug sees other forms of support as more important then money. Fair enough :) Just wanna show my support in more then promoting it I suppose. Since I pretty much suck beyond comprehension at programming that is ruled out for me. <3

älskling

If you suck att programming there's always the wiki :)

residentgrey

There's also bug testing, promoting, even actually using the program helps it along. Though Rewbs and the bunch REALLY need a couple more programmers/designers/monkey-trainers in there.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

maleek

Yeah Älskling. That could be something... The Wiki is looking very nice and I've referred to it more then once. The main website should push it, and the Open version more I think + write about what residentgrey just said. I ain't no monkey trainer, but I bet there are people who are out there! ;)