Newly Rendered World

Started by Lofty, December 13, 2005, 18:57:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Lofty

A huge step forward from my usual tracking. Still the same style I use, but this is a very different track from my others. It's a melodic rock track that uses every instrument and technique I know how to use - in other words it's the peak of my tracking. It's also an extremely long track at over 13 minutes, but with the amount of variance in there it never gets boring. I've given this track out at a few other forums and a lot of people have enjoyed it. It's been tweaked again with feedback, and this is an updated version. I hope you enjoy it. It's named after the moment I had my sight corrected after a two year wait following a corneal transplant operation to prevent me going blind in one eye due to keritaconus. Good or bad feedbak welcome as always :)

http://www.d12clan.org/d12downloads/lofty/nwr2.zip

- 44KHz 128Kbit MP3 file
- 12.4MB zip file
- Melodic Rock

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Lofty"It's named after the moment I had my sight corrected after a two year wait following a corneal transplant operation to prevent me going blind in one eye due to keritaconus. Good or bad feedbak welcome as always :)

Wow, how can you give bad feedback after a story like that? Kinda like insulting a reqium for someone's mom :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Anonymous

LOL, I'm not a war hero, s'not like I've had my leg blown off. And I live in the UK so I get free health treatment. Good thing too, or I'd be dead. Does that statement mean you don't like the song? If so, what don't you like about it? Please tell! I enjoy constructive criticism.

Lofty

Whoops sorry, that was me in case you didn't figure that one out. I forgot to enable auto-login.

Randilyn

[deleted]

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Anonymous"I live in the UK so I get free health treatment.

I like in the US, and I get free health, doctor visits, surgeory, and hospital stays. Who says usa's healthcare system sucks? :)

QuoteDoes that statement mean you don't like the song? If so, what don't you like about it? Please tell! I enjoy constructive criticism.

No, I didn't listen to the song yet, I just downloaded it, let me listen.....

3:20 - Wow this is really good so far. The distorted guitar sounds a little fake, don't know if you were going for that or not

5:41 - Still pretty good :)

10:55 - Still good, kinda long

That was a cool song. I can almost hear a death metal singer doing vocals on that track :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Sam_Zen

Indeed you have done a nice job with the sound-production of this song.
But on the actual content I have my critical connotations.
- Nothing wrong with a simple chord-scheme, repeated throughout the song, but the choice of notes is just too correct all the time. They are all completely fitting according to the harmony. So then it becomes predictable.
- Predictability means no points of tension in the song, so it could be 3 minutes or 14 minutes, just by changing some leading instrument-sounds, that do in fact the same thing.
- This kind of 'flatness' gives the impression of a track being used as the background for somebody singing a song.

Lofty

Sure siloh I'd be more than happy to see a remix of the track.

Glad you liked it squirrel. The distorted guitar is the best sample I have. I'm always on the lookout for better ones however. I may record my own guitars for the next track. Could mean a huge track with loads of samples but it'd be worth it if it worked.

Sam I think I know what you're getting at. It is indeed something to work on. Not sure how I'd go about it - putting in deliberately wrong notes is...ummm a new concept. LOL...

Sam_Zen

2Lofty
The concept 'wrong notes' has to be considered quite relative. Because 'deliberate' is the key-word, as far as playing or composing is at stake. If one is familiar with blues or jazz, these socalled 'wringing notes' are quite evident, but are means of the expression to create some tension in the experience.
So as long as 'false' has a function, it's ok.