[country] All over the country (MP3 / IT)

Started by migileke, October 08, 2007, 19:16:37

Previous topic - Next topic

migileke

Well, here I am again, with a new song already. I'm making songs almost at light speed, but many aren't even worth listening to, or they aren't finished. This one is in my opinion not finished too, but I already had several positive replies about it, and they tell that it's just fine the way it is.

Well, I didn't change it since, so here it is, both in mp3 as in it, as usual.

download (mp3): http://www.mediafire.com/?ej2rkhczncz
download (it): http://www.mediafire.com/?bn1m2lmmmhk

I wouldn't know which style this is, I just felt like making a song like this. If you know which style this is, please tell me.

Thanks in advance,
Migileke
Migisoft - You mentioned gaming?

Sam_Zen

Don't be that insecure. If you wouldn't know, why choosing the word 'country' twice then ? So you know, because you made some 'bluegrass' licks in the song. But never mind style-naming.

And please, don't push for comments. In my case, it works counter-productive, because then I tend to skip the song.
If I review, it can mean comment about any aspect of a song, sometimes musical, but also technical, or as production.
A song is finished when the maker decides that it's finished. He has to, because a tracker module always is accessable for further changes, even after such a decision.

This song builds up nicely, but I found the closing part a bit problematic. First you introduce, with the same material, a transposition, but then it seems to become difficult how to end the song. So you make some more transpositions, and then cut it.

bvanoudtshoorn

I agree with Sam_Zen: the ending's a little problematic... Personally, I prefer your "chanson". I think that with your first modulation, the sound becomes a little bit muddy, but that it's handled better than the ending ones.

migileke

Well, about the style, I just don't know how it's called, that's why I asked. I don't really care about that, but I have to put something between those [brackets].

I agree with you about the ending, it is indeed problematic and a bit forced. That's why I called it unfinished, I think it needs some new material, like new melodies etc.

I'll continue my work on this piece and will bump this topic with the 'finished' song when it's done.
Migisoft - You mentioned gaming?

Sam_Zen

Quotebut I have to put something between those brackets
A familiar problem, I have to say.