Better built-in GUI for plugins without one

Started by Nahkranoth, October 10, 2007, 11:01:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Can we have better GUI for plugins which have no GUI? I mean to see all parameters AND values at once instead of clicking on parameter names to see their value. Like this:
ParamName       Slider  Value

Param1         |===#===|128
Param2         |=======|0
Param3         |=#=====|64
Param4         |======#|255

Sorry for crappy drawing :)

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... You mean like in xlutop chainer? That would be nice.

Saga Musix

that's what it looks like in WaveLab:

But please, don't copy these knobs :D i really don't like that you have to "turn" them... Sliders are much easier to use.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Nahkranoth

2bvanoudtshoorn: yup, exactly like in xlutop! And maybe ArtTeknika Console too (see below)

Sam_Zen

Support. And I fully agree, please No Knobs...!
The manipulations of those things is terrible, like stirring blindfolded in muddy water.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

pelya

+1, if I won't be the one who implements it  :P
Hey Jojo, 500-th post!

LPChip

Pelya, can you do this if the other devs decide to not do it? cus if so, then I can set the (S=A) (accepted)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

oh weeeeeeee, 500 posts, let's celebrate!!!!!!! :lol:  8)  :idea:

maleek

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

Saga Musix

Rakib

Not perfect, but nice improvements. But how about allowing plugins with its own GUI to use MPT's own built-in GUI.

^^

Saga Musix

I decided not to resize the window if a plugin has less parameters for now, since the VST specifications do not say that the number of parameters cannot be changed while the plugin is running. And actually, some plugins (like Electri-Q) make use of this fact. So if there are some plugins with no GUI that dynamically change the number of parameters, the plugin GUI would have to be resized all the time.