Better plugin preset navigation

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, October 10, 2007, 09:47:49

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

It'd be great if preset navigation could be simplified for plugins. At the moment, if the plug itself doesn't provide a mechanism for navigating presets, you have to access them by a menu, and (often) a submenu. If there was, for example, something like [<] [CURRENT_NAME] [>] for navigation, life would be a lot easier...

Nahkranoth

Agreed. Browsing 256+ presets using dropdown menu is a nuisance.
Xlutop chainer have those left and right buttons - it's really convenient. But can we have it in OMPT? Please, developers, hear us! :twisted:

bvanoudtshoorn

Yup, Nahkranoth, I was thinking of xlutop. I use it a lot. =D

I've included a screenshot below. (Yes, I know that the plug I have loaded doesn't have presets, but it's what I had open at the time. You get the idea. =P)

Relabsoluness

While waiting for that, maybe it helps a little that one can assign keyshortcut for 'previous/next plugin preset' through setup->keyboard->plugin editor.

Snu

id also like to see the name of the preset shown on the menu area.  the keyboard shortcuts are nice, but not being able to tell which preset is selected kinda sucks...

Nahkranoth

Wow, Relabsoluness, you've just opened my eyes! Never noticed those shortcuts :oops:
But having those buttons would be much better...