[EP][8bit/Prog] Master Sequence (MP3 192)

Started by Gaspy Conana, January 26, 2008, 05:50:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaspy Conana

If you like odd time signatures get this. :0) Made about 50% in modplug.

QuoteMaster Sequence is an epic journey into stunning electronically enhanced sound forms. Square, triangle, and pulse waves are manipulated in grand fashion. Your soul will do a slow motion back flip from start to finish, guaranteed.

Just kidding jerks it's just another one of my garbage electronic EPs. Haha tricked you. Travis Woodson contributes some fancy Pro-One Synth on Track 5.

[1] Birth Sequence {2:54}
[2] Knowledge Sequence {3:42}
[3] Warning Sequence {1:21}
[4] Wisdom Sequence {3:02}
[5] Master Sequence {5:44}

Zip file:
http://jaytholen.net/jaytholen-mastersequence.zip

Individual MP3s:
http://jaytholen.net/mastersequence/

Enjoy! And let me know what you think.

Sam_Zen

Hi Gaspy, nice to encounter again.
Very elegant to add a M3U file. A pity the coverfile can't be included in that playback.
I like the start of track 5 with the natural harmonics.
I fancy the overall 'electronic' approach.

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Hi Gaspy, nice to encounter again.
Very elegant to add a M3U file. A pity the coverfile can't be included in that playback.
I like the start of track 5 with the natural harmonics.
I fancy the overall 'electronic' approach.

Thanks a lot for listening. It's hard to find people with enough of an attention span to make it to track 5. :) I don't really know much about the m3u format. I'll have to do that next time.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

2 Gaspy
Never mind that m3u format remark. It's just a simple filelist to play, so bitmaps can't be involved.
I didn't request for some slideshow generator.

2 Jojo
I have a suspicion, but what do you mean by '8 bit stuff' ?

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 Gaspy
Never mind that m3u format remark. It's just a simple filelist to play, so bitmaps can't be involved.
I didn't request for some slideshow generator.

2 Jojo

Oh okay. :)

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 Jojo
well, it sounds pretty like songs coming from old 8bit (NES) console games... :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

2 Gaspy
Yet again about the M3U issue, Thanks to you I discovered this extended version of the format,
of which I wasn't aware. So I gathered some data here about it.

mrvegas

This was really interesting (in a good way) to listen to.  I always like it when people create music on the computer without worrying too much about realism in the sound.  Cool, glitchy drums, and structured well.

The fade in of the bass drum in the last track reminded me a little of the heartbeat on "Dark Side of the Moon."  Nice fade out at the end, too.

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "mrvegas"This was really interesting (in a good way) to listen to.  I always like it when people create music on the computer without worrying too much about realism in the sound.  Cool, glitchy drums, and structured well.

The fade in of the bass drum in the last track reminded me a little of the heartbeat on "Dark Side of the Moon."  Nice fade out at the end, too.

Thanks a lot. I didn't really intend the kick to sound like that, on second listen it does sound quite a bit like it. You comparing it to Pink Floyd is definitely a compliment though.  :D