How set manually param to macro in plugs to XYcontrollers?

Started by Apocalyptiq, October 08, 2007, 11:23:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalyptiq

In in the MPT plugin editor we can set params to macros (15 macros available) and setting them in song. To do it, just click (in plugin editor) "Info", "Macros" and "... Learn param...", then click some of controllers in plugin editor, and "Param 0 can now be controlled with macro 1". But, for example, in VSTi Delay Lama there is an XY-controller, which we can't set to macro in MPT (it isn't set when we click on it)... Is there some way to do it? (Is it a bug?) Maybe manually? In MPT (in General view, at the bottom - "Plugins" window) there is "Parameter" setting, and there are all params of this plugin (with XY controllers params). But there aren't any settings with macros...

And I don't know what is this: in plugin editor, in Options: "Pass Keys to Plug" - what it is for?

LPChip

Quote from: "Apocalyptiq"In in the MPT plugin editor we can set params to macros (15 macros available) and setting them in song. To do it, just click (in plugin editor) "Info", "Macros" and "... Learn param...", then click some of controllers in plugin editor, and "Param 0 can now be controlled with macro 1". But, for example, in VSTi Delay Lama there is an XY-controller, which we can't set to macro in MPT (it isn't set when we click on it)... Is there some way to do it? (Is it a bug?) Maybe manually? In MPT (in General view, at the bottom - "Plugins" window) there is "Parameter" setting, and there are all params of this plugin (with XY controllers params). But there aren't any settings with macros...

And I don't know what is this: in plugin editor, in Options: "Pass Keys to Plug" - what it is for?

Although I believe this has been covered already, I'll give a brief explaination.

When you assign a parameter to the SFx, you can then control its value using Zxy and \xy.

As for the pass key to plug option: It allows you to treat your keyboard as a keyboard with letters. By default, pressing QWERTY... will trigger playing the notes. But sometimes you want to enter normal text, for example when typing in a search or name for saving etc... This option allows you to change to the normal keyboard functions.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Apocalyptiq

All right, but how to assign a parameter, which is setting by XY controller, to macro? When I click this XY controller (after I mark one macro - "... Learn param..."), nothing happens...

LPChip

Quote from: "Apocalyptiq"All right, but how to assign a parameter, which is setting by XY controller, to macro? When I click this XY controller (after I mark one macro - "... Learn param..."), nothing happens...

Not all controls in a VST(i) can be assigned to a midi macro. It is up to the VST(i) to support that. If it does, you should be able to manually set it using the place where you set SFx parameters.

First select the type: Control Plugin Param. Then select the plugin from the list, then choose the param you want to change. It should set the right value to SFx. If its not in the list, then its not possible for this plugin.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

Considering it's an XY-controller, you probably need to control the X and the Y separately.

Apocalyptiq

Quote from: "LPChip"First select the type: Control Plugin Param. Then select the plugin from the list, then choose the param you want to change. It should set the right value to SFx. If its not in the list, then its not possible for this plugin.

Where select the type "Control Plugin Param"? In VST window? I can't find it  :oops:

bvanoudtshoorn

If you click the button with Zxx on it in the pattern editor view, the dialog below should pop up. I've highlighted the area you're wondering about.