2006 Annual PGD Game Development Competition

Started by WILL, December 12, 2005, 02:00:32

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL

Hello all!

I am posting this message to announce that in January of 2006, we will be starting our annual game development competition. The entrants will be allowed to enter in teams and split the prizes. Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Now the PGD (aka Pascal Game Development) site is mostly inhabited by programmers with a fair amount of graphics artists and 3D modellers, but not very many musicians. This is where I would like to welcome all of you who are interested in making music for games to come and be a part of our community. We have a section of forums for you and lots of willing programmers to work with and collaborate on ideas and whom to work with. Many are with near completed projects, or just waiting for some nice music.

The annual competition is also a growing event from year to year. We would one day like to have a more musical presence, including some prizes that will include great sound/music hardware and software.

Last year was a great success and we were able to raise up to almost $4,000 worth of prizes from sponsors such as Borland, Caligari and 3Impact.

All those interested in the competition, or just want to come visit our community of game developers(both professional and hobbiests alike) are more than welcome to visit www.PascalGameDevelopment.com.

Squirrel Havoc

Sounds like fun, I'm a Delphi Developer and a musician, maybe i'll enter :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

speed-goddamn-focus

The server seems to be down.  :cry:

EDIT: The server seems to be up   :D

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"The server seems to be down.  :cry:

I guess you are in an elevator? :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"

Aren't we all?

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"

Aren't we all?

I am not at the moment :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"I guess you are in an elevator? :lol:

Aren't we all?

That's true Leon, you are in the closet.  :wink:

WILL

Aren't we all?

Thats right, folks! Don't be in an elevator this January 2006, join up with all your game development buddies and blow the competition away! Don't have a buddy, come and get one! At PGD, we have lots of lonely coder friends that are just waiting for that special musician pal to whip them up excellent tracks of many varieties. Vie for the top 3 and you and your pals can win a booty of prizes that you can split amoung yourselves.

It's excellent fun and great advertizing of your skills for those great oppertunities that require a demo of 'something' you have completed.

Visit the PGD site at: www.PascalGameDevelopment.com!

We also have some great sound and music forums to post your work, resumes or just have fun in... come and be a part of a great community! :D

LPChip

Aren't we all?

Toilet actually :P but thats similar isn't it? :P

rewbs

Aren't we all?

Were Tom Cruise and John Travolta in there with you?

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"

Aren't we all?

Were Tom Cruise and John Travolta in there with you?

No. But ya'll were... :P (laptop ya know! :D)