.4x downsampling samples in .mods sets finetune -128

Started by wtfitb, August 07, 2007, 22:13:09

Previous topic - Next topic

wtfitb

downsampling samples in .mods sets finetune -128
sometimes +128 as well, the samples become a note off and the song sounds bad. (this is after saving the mod and reopening it)
this is an old bug.

also, SAMPLES ARE FUZZY WHEN CONVERTING FROM 16->8 BIT. roll back that code!

also, rearranging samples does not work right, it screws everything up, but thats an old bug too.

also, some weird crap about there being all sorts of invisible patterns when i clean up the patterns, and then being unable to save .mod because of these invisible non-patterns until i clean and rearrange a lot.

opinion:
the inability to select with the mouse without setting recording mode is terrible. :) change it back jerks

thanks!
sorry for bad bug report, i am not at home.
i am looking at the source, maybe i can do something, maybe i will be confused and give up :)

Snu

Quote from: "wtfitb"also, SAMPLES ARE FUZZY WHEN CONVERTING FROM 16->8 BIT. roll back that code!
that always happens when you convert a good quality sample (16bit) to low quality (8bit), it raises the noise floor (ie, makes it 'fuzzy').
but thats a limitation of the .mod format, if you dont want that then use the .it format.

Quote from: "wtfitb"opinion:
the inability to select with the mouse without setting recording mode is terrible. :) change it back jerks
i have no idea what you are talking about? i select with the mouse all the time...

also, the other bugs, do they just happen with .mod files? ive never seen anything like that happen.

Saga Musix

I can't seem to reproduce the problem described in the title.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I'll close this rather non-constructive bug report as the bug reporter didn't show up in a long time and I've kinda fixed the important part of this post (ignoring transposing for MOD files).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.