[Classical] Was für ein Leben - 3rd movement (OGG)

Started by rncekel, September 09, 2007, 08:37:01

Previous topic - Next topic

rncekel

It has taken me very long, and quite a big effort, but finally here it is the 3rd movement. It is inspired to some extent in hungarian music, but playing a little bit with mode (one of my favourite tricks). Again, all the instruments have been made by myself from hundreds of samples recorded from real instruments.

ftp://ftp.scenesp.org/pub/modulez/rncekel/cuartb0.zip

Sam_Zen

Wow, an outstanding work. The movement really moves.
And I liked the use of the whole pitch-range, and the break at 1:52.
The phase of ending the song I found a little bit hasty, as if you were running out of diskspace.
Could have been stretched a bit more.

rncekel

Thaks, Sam. May be the end could have been a little bit stretched, but I think that on hearing the three movements one after another (that makes some 11 minutes), the duration seems right, or at least, for me; I always have liked miniatures.

Saga Musix

It is a very nice movement. However, I just wondered a bit about the instruments... Some sounded kind of strange, but that's maybe only me... ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Nahkranoth

You're not the only one, Jojo. There are some really weird sounding instruments. The violin, for example. Still, strange samples can't change my impression from beautiful music ::)

KrazyKatz

Regarding the Composition:

-Outstanding! First impression though seems like it would make more sense as an organ piece.

-Very intelligent use of each string sections.

-Some simply beautiful articulations!

-Excellent grasp at Baroque.

Critiscsm:

-I dont think a violin can play so high ( around 2:05 - 2:14 ).

-The end is abnormally fast.

Regarding the mix..

- Piece has almost no expression. Whilst only an orchestra could create a real expression, you could still improve your sound quite a bit.
Some suggestions:
-It seems that your samples are all recorded played forte'... As a result during the slower more expressive scenes, it loses its appeal. If you could record samples played esspresivo mezzo-forte, for those  sections it would make all the difference ( and admitedly more work ).

- Make use of volume controls. Alter the volume of each note accordingly for a more realistic result. Also slight fade ins and outs for slow sections make for a more real sound.

I strongly reccomend you get an orchestra to play your symphony. I'd certainly buy a ticket.

I'd love to get a hold of your pizzicato string samples ;)

Great Listen!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

rncekel

If you want my pizzicato instruments, just tell me; I will try to find a place to put them, so you can download them. Only one remark: they are quite a lot, in fact, 60 iti instruments: 4 real instruments X (4 string each + one covering the full range of the instrument) X 3 volumes (forte, mezzo,piano), so in total near 60 Mb. Of course, I only used 4 pizzicato instruments in this version (maybe some day...)

Snu

interesting piece, i really like the composition, and i can hear that hungarian influence i think.  i like the speed up at the end, tho i agree that its a bit much, also the last chord is a little cheesy sounding :p
the mix is pretty 'thin' sounding too...

i would love to get a copy of those pizzicato samples as well, synful orchestra is awesome for bowed strings (id reccomend taking a look at it), but it doesnt do plucked...

btw krazykats, the violin can play that high, might have to do harmonics for the higher notes, but its certainly possible.