exporting MOD into WAV (with fadeoff)

Started by johnsprogram, October 27, 2007, 04:22:42

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsprogram

BTW, this is my first post here, so hello :)

I have a question for exporting a WAV file from an IT file. Is there a way to disable the fade-off that automatically applies to the WAV file during exporting through ModPlug Player?

Since I wanted the WAV file to have precise looping, I don't want to have any fades or any enhancers added to the mix because it generates gaps when the WAV file loops.

I'm using a version 1.46.01 of ModPlug Player.

So, again, my question is: how can I disable fading when exporting WAV files from IT files?

Thanks!

LPChip

There shouldn't be any fade unless you (or someone else) programmed it in the IT file.

If you make sure that the song loops properly in OpenMPT, and you save the wav file, it should loop in there as well.

But you can always edit the wav file afterwards with another program to remove the fade.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"There shouldn't be any fade unless you (or someone else) programmed it in the IT file.
Wrong, LPChip. Seems like you have to experiment a bit more with OpenMPT :D :P ;)

It's correct that ModPlug applies a very short fadeout at the end of a WAV export. You can however avoid this by setting the "From position x to y". If you have a sequence of 6 patterns that should be looped, you would for example set the first field to 0 and the second one to 5:

This will avoid fade-out and create loopable wav files.

EDIT: I fear that this option is not available in modplug player. you have to use modplug tracker instead.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Oh, I hadn't seen that he uses modplug player. I only use the tracker, and I haven't experienced a fade out there, but then again, I programmed those songs in such way to loop. It can be that OpenMPT treats it differently in such cases.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"and I haven't experienced a fade out there
it's just the very same behaviour. if you want to export a looped pattern and it's pretty loud at the end, it will fade out as long as you don't enable this position x to y option...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

johnsprogram

Ah ok, I finally gotten the fading to stop.

Before, I was using an older version of ModPlug Tracker. I wasn't using OpenMPT until now.

Things are good now. Thanks!

Sam_Zen

QuoteIt's correct that ModPlug applies a very short fadeout at the end of a WAV export. You can however avoid this by setting the "From position x to y".
Nice to know. This explains the odd behaviour sometimes at the end of exported WAVs, I think.