Some good electric or acoustic guitar VST instrument?

Started by Apocalyptiq, September 12, 2007, 06:17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalyptiq

I search for some good electric (with strat's, chug's, chord's) and acoustic guitar VST instrument. Please for help  :wink:

älskling

RealGuitar is in my opinion a nice acoustic guitar VSTi.

Nahkranoth

For REAL acoustic guitar there is only one choice: MusicLab RealGuitar. It covers almost all playing styles and sounds. It's $149
There are many free plucked string emulations if you don't mind about realism.
For electric: MusicLab RealStrat $249, it has been released a couple of days ago. Have someone tried this? :)
Try ReFX Slayer - it's small and contains no samples at all :twisted:  Just listen to the demos!
You can try AppliedAcoustics String Studio for acoustic and electric guitars (may need serious tweaking and heavy use of MidiCC). But listen to the demos again, they are beautiful!
It's a pity, but free electric guitar VSTi sound like crap.
But you may try DVS Guitar. It's completely free, and if you are good with modwheel and pitchbend it can sound convincing.

LPChip

I usually use a sampled guitar Instrument (.iti) and apply either G-Amp Classic VST or Voxengo Boogex VST

They allow you to get very good sounds, depending on the quality of the guitar instrument ofcource.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Dictator

All sites that offer G-amp Classic for download link to fergussonacoustics.org site which doesn't seem to exist. I can't therefore find it anywhere.

Also, is there a page which explains using guitar amplifier correctly, I've been trying with FreeAmp and Voxengo Boogex but I can't get a deep sound I've been looking for. Like in heavy metal (I only get Metallica-like, very thrashy sound).

Thanks in advance, and sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Asharin

I use Revitar2 a lot, from www.cuttermusic.com.
I did try a demo of realguitar, but it didn't seem to work with MPT at all. It loaded okay but wouldn't make any sounds. I may have just been using it wrongly though.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

LPChip

Yeah, I understand... Its G-Amp that gives me that deep hardrock feel, which is why I love it so much.

I can also get it with Voxengo too, but its alot harder there.

I've uploaded G-Amp to my server so you can get it.

http://files.lpchip.nl/temp/g-amp_classic.7z

Enjoy. :D

Oh, and for a better result with most AMP effects, add a stereo widener. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Dictator

LPChip

Quote from: "Dictator"Thank you LPChip, this is great.

You're welcome. :)