How to control VST instruments?

Started by Apocalyptiq, September 07, 2007, 17:30:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalyptiq

Is there some way to control a volume or add some module effects to VST instruments?
When I write something like this:
D 5 01
   v64 F09
   v48 F00
   v32 F00
   v16 F00
   v00

the VST inst plays with normal volume and without slide up.
It is possible to control VSTi's like normal samples?

Saga Musix

I'm not sure as I have never used VSTis, but here's a wild guess:
If the VSTi has a parameter for its volume, you could control this parameter via Zxx.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Apocalyptiq"Is there some way to control a volume or add some module effects to VST instruments?
VSTi volume can be controlled for example with its own volume control(if it has one), or with dry/wet ratio, see http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1350.0.

LPChip

alternativelly, you could fire a series of notes each with a different volume.

Like:

C-4 v64
C-4 v20

etc...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "LPChip"alternativelly, you could fire a series of notes each with a different volume.

Like:

C-4 v64
C-4 v20

etc...
This doesn't always work - I guess it depends on the VSTi.

bvanoudtshoorn

Some VSTis support volume information, some don't. For example, Kontakt quite happily plays at whatever volume I tell it to using the vxx command, but FabFilterOne just plays at its normal volume whatever I put in. =D It just depends on the plug.