Started by Gaspy Conana, August 23, 2007, 04:22:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaspy Conana

Song Title: Babylon
URL: http://www.jaytholen.net/jaytholen-babylon.mp3
Genre: Prog up the bootyhole.
File Size: 14.5 MB
Song length: 10:34

This actually started out as an attempt at a dub song. I'm not really sure at what point it turned into prog, but it did. You can still hear the remnants with the echoplex'd percussion and stuff.

Anyway, I decided to just go all out and have fun and stick whatever I wanted in. I don't think I'm going to be making any huge changes because the file takes like 30 minutes to open.

Enjoy.

Song was made about half with modplug and half with ableton. Most of the percussion and some other little parts were done with MPT.

Sam_Zen

Way too much to give a one-run reaction.

Sam_Zen

After the 4th run :
An impressive piece. With a very nice choice of instruments. And some Celtic flavour.
Exciting until around 8 min. then it proceeds with a more flat production with more predictable things. So the tension drops.

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"After the 4th run :
An impressive piece. With a very nice choice of instruments. And some Celtic flavour.
Exciting until around 8 min. then it proceeds with a more flat production with more predictable things. So the tension drops.

Thanks for the input. :) I'll see what I can do about the end.

Nahkranoth

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can hear the influence of Sopor Aeternus here. Strong composition and good work with instruments.