[ambient-idm] musik vom mond (it)

Started by cubaxd, August 12, 2007, 16:04:50

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

music from  the moon station alpha, recorded in august 3007 ;)
took me almost a weekend to complete this tune. and i think it was worth the work :)

musik vom mond, 1.9M, 12:00

LPChip

Wow... Am I living in the past or are you living in the future? :shocked:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

don't know when you live. i, for my part, live in the present. but there's no moon station in this time, and thats boring ;)

LPChip

Quote from: "cubaxd"don't know when you live. i, for my part, live in the present. but there's no moon station in this time, and thats boring ;)

I live in the year 2007, but you mentioned that it was recorded in the year 3007. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

Oh, you think it's a typo - no it isn't.
i only wanted to make it look a little more like science fiction because nobody believes there's a lunar station in 2007 :)

Sam_Zen

I enjoyed this. And the different stages within the song.
I only find instrument 31 a bit too much a stereotype of a synth sound.

cubaxd

QuoteI only find instrument 31 a bit too much a stereotype of a synth sound.
it IS a synth sound (well kinda) :). i actually thought it would make the song sound more interesting :-/

Sam_Zen

It probably does, so never mind.
This is my problem I guess. After decades of working with synths the filtered wow-envelope becames a bit too familiar.

cubaxd

i think i know what you mean.
just thinking back to the late 90s when the amiga cd's which i bought were flooded with acid mods and they all were using those 303 (909?) basslines ...  :x that is somethin that i could not listen to anymore. they were great in the beginning, but then ...  simply :x

Saga Musix

this tune sounds indeed like music vom mond :D
i could even image it in a game... what about commander keen background music? :lol:
and i still wonder how you can compose 12 minutes of nice music in one fucking short weeked?!?!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cubaxd

haha - commander keen  :lol:

Quote from: "Jojo"and i still wonder how you can compose 12 minutes of nice music in one fucking short weeked?!?!
mostly by by copying and pasting ;) (is a weekend really that short?)
But i think it is because i don't spend much time in making concepts of how the song should be composed. I just have an idea, then search for some samples that could fit, and then compose it on the fly. But making music this way, only every 10th (or so) attempt can be seen as something one could listen to :-D (really, i have at least one hundred of unfinished mods (partially just a pattern in length; because they really suck)

Saga Musix

i also have dozens of unfinished modules over here, but it still takes me at least a month to finished a decent track :lol:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.