[Soft Rock] To Be On Top [subtune 2] (.mp3) {C64 remix}

Started by LPChip, August 01, 2007, 10:20:24

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

There's a radio station that broadcasts C64 remixes 24/7 and they do some live shows too. Its really cool.

More information about this station is: http://slayradio.org

I listen to this station from time to time, and that made me decided to make a remix of one of my old favorite C64 tunes. I've also uploaded this tune to kwed, a database used for this radio station, so I get it aired. :)

Anyway, I decided that the original song was too short. I actually doubled the length of the song. I also added pieces to the song that aren't in the original, and mixed several sections together to give it more depth.

When it was finished (not that long ago) I gave an exclusive listen in one of the live shows, and people really loved it :)

I though, I should also put this on here, so here it is. :)

Download here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip-ToBeOnTop[s2].mp3
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

aGIANTpupafish

nice job.  you got some great atmosphere going on here.  extremely chillaxing. piano sounds are great and the lead at is nice particularly an octave down at  2:50 ish.  ahhh you faded out.  how dissapointing.  i was looking forward to a cool outro :(

a minor point (this may have been intentional) but the kick for me could have had more attack as it was in some parts just an indistinguishable (:o) low noise

loved overall tho
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Saga Musix

i love the remixed at kewd, and this one's also pretty cool!
i second aGIENTpupafish, the kick is very... dull.
but all in all, a relaxing remix!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Actually, I'm not that happy with the mix myself (I mean how the sound is) but somehow, I couldn't get it to sound better.

I might gonna try to give it another shot, but then again, I already released it like this, also on kwed.

And I'm also working on a remix for Aztec Challenge. A really good one if you ask me :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs