Module Library - sort your modules and much more...

Started by Saga Musix, August 01, 2007, 16:03:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

So you lost this module on your hard disk, huh? and you know it was by Necros, 500-600 kb in size and approximately 3 minutes long? Damnit, you won't find it anymore, right? Stop, help arrived!

Mod Library for Windows is maybe the tool you need. you can add files to its super-fast database manually or you can scan whole directories (including sub-directories) and drives for modules! This programm supports IT, MO3, MOD, MTM, S3M, UMX and XM files. It can even play them with the built-in player that uses bass.dll! So your whole drive content (only the modules, that is) is in the database, and now? you can perform a flexible search usign a search term that can be performed on file name, title, sample / instrument texts, commants and Personal Notes. you can also search for particular file sizes, file dates and song lengths! great, isn't it?

This small tool has got even more features, you can e.g. do a HTML export of your database, you can maintain it by removing modules that no longer exist on your drives. there are still some more features, but they're so much, i can't list them all here.
And the best thing: This program is of course freeware! And even better: It's multilingual! Currently, there are only English and German translations, but you can translate to your native language if you want to and send the translated INI files to me!

Download Mod Library! (simply follow the dowload link on that page.)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Nice tool. Did you made it?

Btw, the zipfile doesn't open at my end. Can you see if its uploaded properly?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

try to redownload, coz i was re-uploading it twice this evening.
and yes, i programmed that myself using Visual Basic 6 and the DAO libraries.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Opening after install failed because some 'msjet35.dll' was missing.
Checked (running W2k) and I got 'msjet40.dll' in the sys32-dir.

bvanoudtshoorn

Jet? That sounds like the database engine that drives Access... You might find that it requires Access to be installed or something. Just a guess, though!

Saga Musix

Sam_Zen, please retry, in the meanwhile, someone else had this problem too - I noticed that I accidently commented out the line with the msjet35.dll in the install script. It should work fine if you redownload the file.
And yes, bvanoudtshoorn, Jet is also used in Access...

Sam_Zen

I retried, and I can open it now.
I wondered about the result. The zipfile is 2.5 MB, while the final directory content is 1 MB.
But then I noticed the added msjet35.dll of 1 MB in the sys32.. Can't it be in the root of Mod library ?

Saga Musix

No, I'm sorry, I have to extract these DLL files into the system32 directory. In fact, if the Inno Setup Uninstaller notices that no other program makes usage of these DLL files, it will ask you if it should erase them. And these files have to be registered via RegServ, and you should never ever register files outside the system32 dir, coz that can damange any other program that uses these files.

Sam_Zen

If shared dll's are involved, I agree. Especially if such a file starts wit 'ms'. So you convinced me.
If a DLL is just a dedicated addition to some program, I've always found it a pollution of the sys32 dir to put the file there.
Because it would be sufficient to place it in the program-root, because that's the first path the program will look.

Saga Musix

i agree with you. i know a programm that copied bass.dll into the system32 folder. however, when i browsed through the bass.dll demo folder and tried the examples, they did not work in the Visual Basic IDE, but they seemed to worked as an executable. What was wrong? The Visual Basic IDE looked for the bass.dll in the sys32 folder which was a rather old version, while the executable looked in the current directory. And indeed I only copy shared DLLs and OCXs to the system32 folder, like the VB6 runtimes.