modplug player source code - is it available ?

Started by fabricius, July 20, 2007, 14:05:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

radstorm55

Well I was gong to mention that as well..the newer versions of Winamp do pretty good..as a mater of fact I have played back some files and they actually improved from MPT's own playback..

Does real good with xm stuff. The main reason I use it for playback is I can create a play list  of my favorite tracker songs..  :)
This World Belongs To You

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"it still can't play mmx filters, right?
I think it does.

Saga Musix

I use winamp 5.31, and it doesn't :? And no, I don't want to upgrade. It does not matter how much MikMod improved. BASS is still the best mod player on this planet!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

pelya

Quote from: "Jojo"I use winamp 5.31, and it doesn't :? And no, I don't want to upgrade. It does not matter how much MikMod improved. BASS is still the best mod player on this planet!
That's the case - it doesn't. Latest MikMod release is tagged Mar 2005, which is just release from Feb 2004 copied to SourceForge from original site. However the BASS library is constantly updating. It doesn't play .MED files though.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"It does not matter how much MikMod improved. BASS is still the best mod player on this planet!
That's a pretty fanatic thing to say ;)

EDIT:
I actually tried it instead of thinking the option to enable resonant filters meant it would acyually play them... ;)

Also, the latest version of MikAmp is dated May 14th 2007, so hopefully it's better than 2003 MikAmp.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "älskling"
Quote from: "Jojo"It does not matter how much MikMod improved. BASS is still the best mod player on this planet!
That's a pretty fanatic thing to say ;) Anyway, is there a difference between IT's lowpass resonance filters and MMX filters?
it may sound fantatic, but it's the truth! BASS is the only library outside FT2 that plays XM files 100% correctly!

MMX filters is just another word for lowpass resonance filters, coz the filters only worked if you had a cpu that supported MMX (only in IT of course, modpug does not require a mmx cpu).

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"it may sound fantatic, but it's the truth! BASS is the only library outside FT2 that plays XM files 100% correctly!

Oh, I thought the best mod player on the planet was the one that played ModPlug ITs 100% correctly ;) Tho I guess that player doesn't exist.

Saga Musix

Still, BASS is pretty good at playing Modplug Tracker IT files (also BASS Improved over the years ;) ), but it can't handle that VST stuff, i think. but it support commands that didn't exist in original Impulse Tracker, like S9F (play backwards)

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"Still, BASS is pretty good at playing Modplug Tracker IT files (also BASS Improved over the years ;) ), but it can't handle that VST stuff, i think. but it support commands that didn't exist in original Impulse Tracker, like S9F (play backwards)
99% right is still 100% wrong :P

Saga Musix

but "wrong" is not the same as "not correctly" :P
(which is what you just said)

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"but "wrong" is not the same as "not correctly" :P
(which is what you just said)
I'm flexible. :)