Can Modplug find VSTs itself?

Started by Saga Musix, July 13, 2007, 20:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

We had a nice discussion at #modarchive and now i'm wondering: Can ModPlug locate samples in a standard VST directory itself if they are not assigned yet? It would be cool if it did so. I think some major commercial Apps have a SET variable that includes the standard vst directory... it would be great if modplug could look up the DLLs there...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

MODPlug cannot find VST and VSTi's on its own. Even if they're in the same directory.

They have to be added manually. Rewbs said in the past that it was too hard for him to add this, as each plugin gets stored in a database or something, and having this done automatically could screw things up seriously.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

I can't remember why I would have said that. It shouldn't too hard to scan to for VSTs, but it's not on my todo list (loading plugins manually doesn't bug me enough to want to implement a better way :) ).

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"I can't remember why I would have said that. It shouldn't too hard to scan to for VSTs, but it's not on my todo list (loading plugins manually doesn't bug me enough to want to implement a better way :) ).

Maybe you got too anoyed by me, and this was a quick way to shut me up? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs