[trip hop/dnb] metropolitan disillusions (mp3)

Started by CrazyAznGamer, July 13, 2007, 04:20:33

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyAznGamer

grab it here and enjoy. :)

it's my entry for the c category of the ctg music compo 2007. it also rips samples from a lot of songs (check the mp3 comments tag if you're curious as to where I ripped the samples)

oh... uh... oops, if you're part of the compo, listen after the deadline... err... not that it really matters now, haha. :D

Sam_Zen

I think you deserve a high ranking in this compo. Excellent production.
And I like the tempo-changes throughout.

CrazyAznGamer

w00t! :D
I used that little pitch speed ratio between perfect fifths thing that I learned from you, too. :)

xincbox

this is very cool, but does it really count as an original composition? it's more like a mashup/medley of remixes.. what were the terms for the competition, and how did you fair?

CrazyAznGamer

The terms for the compo were pretty relaxed. In my opinion, to use an analogy, if a typical song was a painting, this would be a collage. So yeah, mashup sounds right, but whereas the individual components might not necessarily be original, the composition could be called original.
Maybe.
I did alright with this one. Another song of mine (guinsyay2, which actually was kindofa novelty song...) won it's division, hehe. That one is even more flagrant in it's sample abusing, so I'm iffy on releasing it anywhere else.

Of course, there's that nagging voice in the back of a head that insists this song is a remix of Dissolved Girl.

xincbox

at least you're honest :P

send it to Massive Attack, see what they think!!

Saga Musix

i like the mix :) if this was a module, i'd be interested in the source file ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.