Suggestion - Option for setting default BPM mode

Started by Diamond, December 04, 2005, 00:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Diamond

How about adding an option in the preferences to set the default BPM mode.  Or maybe you could just add a checkbox in the "Song Properties" dialog to make the selected BPM properties the default ones.  I personally prefer the new true BPM option and I would like to be able to use it by default without having to set it for every track.

Snu

yes, the new tempo mode is nice and more logical, but its completely incompatable with any other tracker/player out there.
im thinking that once mpt finaly gets its own file format, it should be the default, but until then, if you have modern method as the default, and try to open a module created in any other editor...

Diamond

Quote from: "Snu"yes, the new tempo mode is nice and more logical, but its completely incompatable with any other tracker/player out there.
im thinking that once mpt finaly gets its own file format, it should be the default, but until then, if you have modern method as the default, and try to open a module created in any other editor...

Which is why I suggested adding this feature as an option, not necessarily as the program's default.  This way you could choose what you wanted the default to be.  Besides, I personally don't use any other editors.  Also, considering how many modifications have been made to the IT and XM formats in MPT, being able to correctly play them in other editors has been an issue for quite some time.  Especially with all the VST additions.

LPChip

Why not save the bpm setting in the song? (dunno if that already happens)

If so, just make a template song.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Diamond

Quote from: "LPChip"Why not save the bpm setting in the song? (dunno if that already happens)

If so, just make a template song.

Yeah but that's more of a temporary solution and it's not very elegant as far as I'm concerned.  I like the idea of simply being able to create a new file and having it already be set as the default mode.  Certainly not a priority, but I think it would be nice eventually.