Can ASIO only handle 32bit buffers?

Started by Saga Musix, July 08, 2007, 10:26:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hi,
I was wondering if ASIO can only handle 32 bit buffers. I have an ASIO driver enabled in OpenMPT but when I want to change the Mixing Quality to 16-bit stereo, it always resets it to 32-bit stereo when I close this dialogue. Is this due to the ASIO driver? I was wondering coz my sound card can only handle 24-bit output as far as  I know..
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Its due to the driver, but I'm not really sure if it matters, cus as far as I know, the same happens to me, but it doesn't give me problems.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.