.48 Adding channels: Mute status not updated

Started by Saga Musix, July 02, 2007, 12:58:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
-dunno-

Description of the bug:
If you set a channel to solo mode and add a new channel, the new channel is muted. however, the channel is still displayed as unmuted.
now there is of course the question: should a freshly added channel be muted, like all the others? Or should it be unmuted?

Fixed in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Interesting question. One can have arguments for both I guess.

But I couldn't reproduce this behaviour (XM). If adding a new channel, it was set unmuted, and after copying some note in it,
the note was played, along with the 'solo' channel.

LPChip

As the new channel won't have data in it initially, I'd say, the status should be unmuted.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"As the new channel won't have data in it initially, I'd say, the status should be unmuted.
That's what i think, too.

@Sam: It doesn't always happen. It didn't always "work" in my case aswell, for example if I chaned something in the channel settings. Just put ONE note in the new channel and test it, that'll do it!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Maybe I misunderstand, but that's what I did. Adding a channel, placing one note and play pattern.
Used just a straightforward module, no chaining or such.

Saga Musix

Sam_Zen

Saga Musix

As far as I can tell atm, I've fixed this now :) When adding channels, they will always be unmuted.