.48 Bxx does not work on first row

Started by Saga Musix, July 01, 2007, 13:56:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
No.

Description of the bug:
Another Bxx bug: If the Bxx effect is put on the first row of a pattern, it's simply ignored. But it only happens if the Bxx effect leads to the same pattern... So if you put a B02 in the first row of patter #2, it won't work.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I don't consider this to be a bug, but a wanted feature.

Basically, looping to the same pattern will cause mpt to freeze the song, but even worse: other players will see a Bxx command as a reference point to know where a subsong is. Those programs might crash if you'd allow this behavor, but there's not really a point in having this B command anyway. I'm gonna close this bug.

Rewbs, feel free to reopen it if you think its necessary.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

From this point of view, it may be a correct handling, but not from mine:
I am programming some sound effects in OpenMPT for a game, the sound effects are on different patterns and every pattern leads to a pattern that is filled with silence. however, i put the Bxx command on the first row of this pattern so the game won't skip to another pattern...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.