Problem: Horrible all-encompassing white noise

Started by landslidepurist, June 24, 2007, 18:14:54

Previous topic - Next topic

landslidepurist

Hello all,

I'm in the middle of making a song on the open source mod plug (p4) (1.17 rc2) and when I loop a pattern, it plays fine for a bit, then (after a seemingly random amount of time) just spews out horrible white noise. I've no idea why this is.

I'm not sure what else you might need to know about my computer/set up in order to help me fix the problem, so let me know and i'll find out.

Any help appreciated.

le_parasite

some vst/vsti made some similar crash on modules of mine...
If you use some, you should bypass theme one by one, while playing the whole song to be able if you have the same kind of problem.
L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

landslidepurist

I thought that might be it.

Is there a specific reason why some vsts and vst(i)s don't work? I've wondered why they often work in other programs but not MPT.

älskling

One reason why some plugs don't work is that hardly any developers test if their plugs work with OpenMPT. The best way to get it to work is to find out as much as you possibly can about how, when and why it misbehaves and then post a bug report in the appropriate section of the forums.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "landslidepurist"I'm in the middle of making a song on the open source mod plug (p4) (1.17 rc2) and when I loop a pattern, it plays fine for a bit, then (after a seemingly random amount of time) just spews out horrible white noise.
I remember having similar problems: without any obvious reason some vst(s) every now and then suddenly start producing noise. But I'm not much of a help here for I don't remember finding reason or cure for the problem.

Asharin

I've had a few do that to me occasionally, I just save the track, quit MPT, open MPT and reload the track and it's usually fine
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

LPChip

You can also try changing the playback rate.

Some plugins can behave (this) weird when using for example 96khz. But some plugins don't work at all at this rate.

You can also try the latest beta .48 to see if your plugin mysteriously works. Much has changed between build .28 (RC2) and .48, so who knows?

Next, you can also try to see if the problem is solved when using the plugins inside a chainer. I use Xlutop Chainer myself and most plugins work great in it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs