Some new icons/logo's

Started by Matt Hartman, June 28, 2007, 01:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hartman

Well folks, as the subject line says...

The icon files are especially useful for Vista users or XP users with Windows Blinds or Vista Inspirate. Other possible uses would be Stardock.

Simply right-click and select "save as" from the drop down menu.

What is the symbol? It's a whole note right justified to the encompassing circle. Or a soda, either way. :o

I haven't come up with a reasonable tag line...

Use em if you like, if not simply bypass. I couldn't stand the old icons, they reminded me of a pixelated filmstrip.

Thanks

Edit by mod: Decapitalised subject.
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

Sam_Zen

You're certainly right about the filmstrip association.
Thanks for the efforts. Very nice designs.
I'm not into XP or Vista, but I like to use them in my Total Commander environment,
where I can set the associated icon for the application and/or the several file formats.
Unfortunately these bitmaps are too big to convert properly to 24x24 pixels.

Matt Hartman

You were saying?  :wink:

Matt Hartman

A working model of my desktop using the new icon set in my dock.

BTW: I'm running XP, not Vista.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"

nice one  :)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

They're certainly nice.

Would you be able to create 32x32 sized icons? (.ico) that way we can actually replace the old icons in mpt. :) (or atleast ship then with the package or as seperate download.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

to be honest, i dislike the icons. they seem to show an "eye" - but what has an eye to do with MPT? I'd rather prefer icons using the forums logo...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SoundCrafter

---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

kit beats

yes, really nice and smooth design :)
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Jojo"I'd rather prefer icons using the forums logo...

agreed
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

älskling

It's nice, but (sorry but there's always a but with me, along with a bunch of parentheses) in my opinon the name of the software is OpenMPT (I think all references to MPT in the software has been changed and I like coherence (tho i may seem to lack it myself)).

Second I have no idea at all what that symbol symbolizes, but ideas so far include an eye (obviously), a cheerful ninja, an olive, Strongbad or possibly an fish. Also I don't like the 3d effect on the symbol (but the button is nice). What's the name of the font?

Sam_Zen

I wonder, what's left of the readability of the string "Open Source" (nice font indeed) if decreased to 32x32..?
So, after all, I see this more as a proposition of a different logo.
And I go along with älskling, about consistently calling it OMPT, even with the emphasis on Open.

LPChip

I've made 10 icons using the MPT logo as it appears ontop of this page ( straight version)

You can view and download etc, all here: http://files.lpchip.nl/temp/mpticons/

for some previews:

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

dBlues

The talent of the creators of these logos is obvious, but I haven´t seen a logo yet that would nail the essence of modplug tracker, and still be simple and clean (like logos should be). Got to give it to LP, that logo has a "plug" in it :)
Strive for excellence, not perfection.

Sam_Zen

I agree about the plug. Closer to OMPT than an eye.
Talking about logo, what's the connection of this site's favicon with the program ? h m ? I don't get it.

This is the logo I used so far as program logo in the file manager, to indicate the latest (beta) version.
It's derived from the splash screen.