extracting samples

Started by Sam_Zen, June 25, 2007, 23:08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Does anybody know of an application or script, to batch extract all samples of a module as wavs in one go ?
This is possibly cursing in the church, but I ask this for a friend of mine who is visually impaired.
So it could save him from the hassle of doing this one by one.

According to this case I wondered : does MPT has any command-line options ? I can't find or recall any info on that.
Because my friend studies programming, so he's capable of making batch-files or a perl-script.

LPChip

I don't know if Awave can extract all in one click, but awave can extract the samples from songs or instruments.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Checked it out, but it's 30 day shareware, so I first try to find freeware or opensource.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Checked it out, but it's 30 day shareware, ...

You didn't said that it was a requirement for it to be free :nuts: :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

QuoteDoes anybody know of an application or script, to batch extract all samples of a module as wavs in one go ?

When you say a "module", What do you mean exactly?

This may help if you're talking about VSTIs:

http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

Ive used it to excellent effect.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

I'm not talking about VSTis, it's about plain soundsamples out of a MOD, XM or IT file.

älskling

Sam_Zen

Thanks a lot ! It's a command-line operation, but of course my friend can handle that.
Sample 'grabber'. I should have known. Of course I did a search before I posted, but I only searched for a 'ripper'.

Btw. I noticed in the description that this app also can get the samples out of SoundFont files.

kit beats

I have a question to :

is it possible to know what samples are in a song and wich don't (so i can let them out).

It's a little bit of a problem of mine to put many samples in the song and then dont know what's used and wich dont.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"I have a question to :

is it possible to know what samples are in a song and wich don't (so i can let them out).

It's a little bit of a problem of mine to put many samples in the song and then dont know what's used and wich dont.

You can easilly do: Edit -> Cleanup -> Cleanup samples to get rid of all unused samples in one click.

kit beats

Toppie top HE! :-) thanks..
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"Toppie top HE! :-) thanks..

For english speakers: Toppie top he! means: This is awesome! Sort of slang in NL :)