Questions and comments about new homepage

Started by rewbs, December 02, 2005, 12:55:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Relabsoluness

Since Sam_Zen has provided some 'backups' of the posts(http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=189.0) from the old forum and here has been talk about the costs of backupping, it crossed my mind that is there such forum system or would such be reasonable, which would use the users as backuppers, meaning something like that certain forum users would automatically receive some (encrypted) backup packets. In case of need, the system then could be build from those. This of course might not be so reliable, since it might require so many people having the backups etc., but it nevertheless would be practically free, automatic and much better than nothing.

And almost related to this, what is the status of the donation system which appears to be in the modplug's sourceforge site - is it operational and did I get it right that the donation would not go to the OMPT project anyway?

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"Since Sam_Zen has provided some 'backups' of the posts(http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=189.0) from the old forum and here has been talk about the costs of backupping, it crossed my mind that is there such forum system or would such be reasonable, which would use the users as backuppers, meaning something like that certain forum users would automatically receive some (encrypted) backup packets. In case of need, the system then could be build from those. This of course might not be so reliable, since it might require so many people having the backups etc., but it nevertheless would be practically free, automatic and much better than nothing.

And almost related to this, what is the status of the donation system which appears to be in the modplug's sourceforge site - is it operational and did I get it right that the donation would not go to the OMPT project anyway?

There was a filespace problem to make backups. This however will not form a problem anymore, cus the server has been redesigned to handle big databases.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I have indeed some material saved from the past in ascii-format, but this will take considerable time to reconstruct partially some threads, because I have to do a lot of copy/paste out of a time-serial built thing with all kinds of categories.
Since I recently moved to another location and have to rebuild my studio, there are other priorities at the moment.