[Slow Rock/Easy Listening] Safe Passage (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, June 15, 2007, 08:41:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Score?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (100%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
5,5 Or Lower
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: June 15, 2007, 08:45:45

LPChip

I've done it again... :P

I've played my piano again, but this time, I chose another instrument setup, and played with drums in the background too. The playing with drums is still new to me, and for that reason, I sometimes get slightly out of sync... Sorry in advance :P

I am very pleased with the song though. Its a nice slow song with some concequent items in it.

The song itself is like my other piano works entirelly improvised, but I had some trouble getting to record this, that I played the part I play in the beginning alot of times before I actually started to record this.

This made me think that I might actually construct a proper song out of the elements in this song, but its still an idea. Maybe I'll just learn myself to play this song as it is now, and then record it again, so its played as it should.

Anyway, after some rant, lets give you the download details :)

Download: LPChip-Safe Passage
Style: Slow Rock/Easy Listening and maybe even a bit of Chillout/Lounge
Filesize: 7686 kB
Song Lenght: 6:24
Bitrate: 160 kbps
Made by: eh me? :nuts:
-------------

For those who want to know:

Recorded on a Roland FP-2, using rythm 06, with only the drums playing, sounds: E-Piano 5 layered with GM 101, in addition, I used the buildin EQ to boost the quality. (same settings as I use for my piano sounds though)

------------

Oh, I also did take some considderations from earlier productions in mind. Like playing different keys on purpose etc.

I added a poll. If you want to vote, then please let me know what you'd give this for score. If you don't want to vote, then don't. :)

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that I'm kind of proud how I played both the bass and lead melody at the same time. This is a single - stroke recording (does that mean anything? :P) I just pressed record on my wave editor, and started to play this. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nifflas

I don't know if the word spartan can have a positive meaning in English, yet I like the simple and spartan emotion of this song...

The sounds are nice, and it's mixed nicely. The timing goes a bit off every now and then, but I've not yet decided if it's a thing I dislike, or if it's something that adds to the song's charm. :)

Sam_Zen

It may sound simple, but timing becomes more difficult if playing at such a low speed.
I like this one more than your previous imp, because you use moments with a bit more dynamics. And the break at 4:30 is nice.