[DECLINED] Shortcuts for last / next sample / instrument

Started by Saga Musix, June 22, 2007, 16:18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hi,
I haven't found any keyboard shortcut to go to the next / last sample or instrument on the sample / instrument key. i think these shortcutes could be really useful.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Im sorry to say this, but I don't really follow you here.

It is possible that you refer to an existing key possibility, but since you say that its not there, you probably mean something else. Can you elaborate?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

If you have several patterns in your  sequence, you can get from one pattern to another by pressing "+" and "-". so you can fastly change to the last or next pattern in the sequence. and i didn't find any identical shortcut for the sample and instrument screens. but sometimes i need to switch rapidly between two or even three samples, and clicking these tiny buttons is too time-consuming (i.e. if you want to do a comparison).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"If you have several patterns in your  sequence, you can get from one pattern to another by pressing "+" and "-". so you can fastly change to the last or next pattern in the sequence. and i didn't find any identical shortcut for the sample and instrument screens. but sometimes i need to switch rapidly between two or even three samples, and clicking these tiny buttons is too time-consuming (i.e. if you want to do a comparison).

And you don't mean the shortkey for Previous Instrument, and Next Instrument in the Global Hotkeys section?

Cus if not, then I'm still not following you.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

That's kinda it, but i don't like that it's global, coz i want to set it to "+" and "-", which is already used to jump between patterns in the pattern tab...

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"That's kinda it, but i don't like that it's global, coz i want to set it to "+" and "-", which is already used to jump between patterns in the pattern tab...

Use MPTracker 's old default key then. Ctrl+ arrow up and down.

Saga Musix

they'are already set to ctrl+cursor, but it's definately not very comfortable :) And I think it's in general a good idea not to make it as a "global key"... IMO one should be able to use different (or the same) shortcuts in pattern and sample editor.