More Items in "Module History"

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, June 21, 2007, 10:31:39

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

imho it'd be great to store more files in the module history in the "file" dialogue.
maybe someone could make a dropdown menu for that with e.g. 20 history entries.

i'm requesting this, because i often browse through my unfinished tracks
and after that have to search for the module i was working on before.
(hope it's clear what i mean)

would make things a little easier i guess.
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

seventhson

I'm having similar problems,it can be quite a pain in the ass to have to search through tons of songs before finding the one you wanted.  :lol:
Maybe there should be a way to lock the history or something like that.

Saga Musix

there's a quite interesting feature in Photo Impact that could help: you can set how many files should be displayed in the "recent files" menu:

maybe it could be done like this in OpenMPT, too?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

I usually sort my mods by date and open them from explorer instead. Another option wpuld be if the list listed recently modified (or saved or whatever) files.

Sam_Zen

I don't mind having a bigger File History than the 10 now, but then I would like to be able to clean such a list as well,
because I never use it.
I use a special directory "workmods", where all the files are that still have to be edited. So I can easily locate them.
As soon as a mod is finished, I move it to its final place in my archive directories.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
I use a special directory "workmods", where all the files are that still have to be edited. So I can easily locate them.
As soon as a mod is finished, I move it to its final place in my archive directories.

i do the same... i even have work directories for some genres...

but still there's ~50 files in each  :lol:

QuoteI usually sort my mods by date and open them from explorer instead.
i know that possibility and i also use it.... still it's not very comfortable.
and as i said... i like to browse some old files too...

QuoteAnother option wpuld be if the list listed recently modified (or saved or whatever) files.
sounds good. how about 2 histories?  :D
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

FYI, I have added a setting "MRUListLength" to the [Misc] section of mptrack.ini some time ago. It can be used to change the number of MRU file list entries, but only up to 15 files as that seems to be some kind of limit inside MFC.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Since the MRU has been reimplemented without MFC recently, the limit has been upped to 32 items, which should be more than enough. It can still be set through the hidden setting described in my previous post.