1.17.02.47 MPT closes when track closed

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, June 19, 2007, 04:36:58

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.47

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Actually, it's been happening for as long as I can remember. I just never got round to posting this bug report. =)

Description of the bug:
When you close a file in MPT by double-clicking on the file icon or pressing [Ctrl]+[F4], and the file has been modified, clicking "No" to the dialog will randomly close MPT as well. It's pretty consistent. Interestingly, using the "X" button on the file doesn't have this problem, as far as I can tell.

MPT doesn't seem to be closing cleanly, either: it just vanishes, and the MRU isn't updated in the File menu, either.

How often does it happen?:
Most of the time.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
1. Open a track.
2. Fiddle around with it a bit.
3. Try to close it in one of the ways above.
4. Press "No".

rewbs

Hi,

I've tried this a few times and I can't reproduce - could you perhaps provide the following:
1. a simple track which you can load, fiddle with and close to reproduce this.
2. a more precise description of the fiddling you do (do you modify just pattern data? instrument data? plugins?)
3. The number of attempts at loading the track provided in 1. and carrying out the fiddling described in 2. before you get the crash on closing.

Thanks.

bvanoudtshoorn

OK, I'll get on to it... as soon as I've written my last exam, which I'm meant to be studying for... =S I'm not sure, though, that it's because of any systematic reason: it seems pretty random. I've put down the "fiddling" that I generally do, though:

- Muting and soloing channels
- Adjusting plugin params slightly
- Stopping and starting playback on the entire track
- Stopping and starting playback on single patterns

LPChip

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Are you using Chainer in your songs?

I notice that I have problems if Chainer is in my songs. Doesn't really matter how much I fiddle around. I guess its a memory leak inside chainer.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Again, LP, I haven't had this problem for a while, since I upgraded to K3. Yes, I still use Chainer. :/

LPChip

If you aren't using chainer, does it happen then too?

Can you check it out?

If it doesn't I think its best to close the bug. Saves the devs some time. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I've found a similar issue that maybe actually what you have just reported here. If I press ctrl+w twice (It's not completely the same as ctrl+f4 as it's a MPT shortcut and not a standard windows shortcut that modplug doesn't have to care about, but it also closes the document), I also get two "this file has been modified" dialogs. ModPlug will crash if I answer then second.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.