[dance/trip hop] jack (mp3)

Started by xincbox, September 13, 2006, 16:48:44

Previous topic - Next topic

xincbox

This is a vamped up mix of a song we made a while ago, comments are nice!

Xincbox - Jack (new mix)

SoundCrafter

Ohhh no!  Here's it comes again! I'm dloading now.

PS: When you say 'we', who are you referring to?
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

Nice work, happy and sometimes creepy at the same time. Not much to add really.
Maybe a bit more bended notes occasionally, or sometimes a somewhat wider used octave-range.

xincbox

as in me and my girlfriend, who i sample talking / playing the flute / occasionally singing

Sam_Zen

xincbox

you can give me feedback on her in another thread  :? , back to the song!

Sam_Zen

No confusion needed, I was joking. I meant that she made some nice sounds for the samples.

SoundCrafter

Ok...wowage...yeah...awkward, party of YOU.

Xincbox, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to stop listening to you music...

...It just makes me SO DAMN JEALOUS! WOW.  I mean, this song easily kicks more ass than I've heard from any pro. EVER. Well...ok...maybe a few songs are better...but they're pros...that's what they do  :lol: .

-Nice beat at 1:19
-WOW...can only describe the flute in the beginning. Unbelievable. I wish I knew someone who played the flute...well, as good as that anyway.
-Bassline was tight.
-I would have like more presence from the drums, especially with such a nice drumbeat. But that's just me.

Again...kickass. and again...
What was she saying?

EDIT: LOL, I think that makes Xincbox one of like, 4 people on Modplug EVER to have a GF while they were on the site. Does anyone besides me remember that old topic? Maybe we should revive it...
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

xincbox

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Xincbox, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to stop listening to you music...

guess we'll have to split up then  ::)

QuoteI mean, this song easily kicks more ass than I've heard from any pro. EVER. Well...ok...maybe a few songs are better...but they're pros...that's what they do

:oops: ty . stuff should be sounding a little better soon, i'm ordering a new computer next week with a better soundcard.. and i'm gonna try get a cheap copy of cubase off ebay. gonna need advice later about integrating cubase + modplug, if anyone has any experience. i do love some of the vst synths and effects and the friendly lay out of cubase, but it's so much easier to get perfect control over your beats / melodies / bass lines with mopdlug!

Quote-Bassline was tight.

thanks to you, again. was using the Zxx macros for the accents

Quote-I would have like more presence from the drums, especially with such a nice drumbeat. But that's just me.

i think i know what you mean, especially the sort of middle dance section. i added a sort of trance (?) solid kick every 8 beats, but it sounds a little weird with the original drum pattern over the top

QuoteWhat was she saying?

i bet you like jack johnson
i bet you have his album
i bet you bought it from tesco

jack and jill went up the hill to sign jack's record deal

jack i want this song to be played on my wedding day

SoundCrafter

Quote from: "xincbox"
...i'm ordering a new computer next week with a better soundcard.. and i'm gonna try get a cheap copy of cubase off ebay. gonna need advice later about integrating cubase + modplug, if anyone has any experience. i do love some of the vst synths and effects and the friendly lay out of cubase, but it's so much easier to get perfect control over your beats / melodies / bass lines with mopdlug!

thanks to you, again. was using the Zxx macros for the accents
Well, there's been TWO topics about cubase...but don't switch yet  :lol: ! I was hoping we could do a collab piece sometime!
Quote from: "kickass lyrics"
i bet you like jack johnson
i bet you have his album
i bet you bought it from tesco

jack and jill went up the hill to sign jack's record deal

jack i want this song to be played on my wedding day

^Easily the most awesomest lyrics ever...I particularly like jack and jill went up the hill to sign jack's record deal...but that leads me to wonder...do you have something against Jack Johnson?

xincbox

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"^Easily the most awesomest lyrics ever...I particularly like jack and jill went up the hill to sign jack's record deal...but that leads me to wonder...do you have something against Jack Johnson?

No, it's just playing with idea of how Jack Johnson makes possibly the most amiable music in the world, and that it's sort of like a fairytale/nursery rhyme how a) he seems like a lovely person, b) he has no quarrels, the majority of his songs are in a major key etc c) he's absolutely loaded :|

thanks for the feedback, and a collaberation would be great

xincbox

sorry to bump a dead thread, but i thought this would be a good tracker/sequencer comparison evaluation thingy -

the original Modplug version of this song -
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=Xincbox___Jack__Modplug_Demo_.mp3

and my 'refixed' Cubase SX2 version -
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=Xincbox___Jack__Cubase_Refix_.mp3