Bigger sample editor + faster tracking

Started by kit beats, June 07, 2007, 21:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

I recommend a sample, tracker editor with a lot of (faster) stuff on it.
Problem of mine is that im always f....ng with the samples and i want to save time.

Maybe :

-make my sample harder, more volume. instead of putting 2 samples on 2 channels. (+just the simple sample editor things)
-put the sample into the editor by dragging it..
-undo on the sample editor:-)

-easy looping samples (like the old ft2)
-edit samples like make them different, like i do right now in the tracker : 201..101..110..210..and then save a sample like that.

-a sample editor where i can put vst effects on the sample and save the sample.

-easyer putting codes into the tracker, like a manuel within.

-stretching samples and make them longer, i dontknow if its possible but okay

-maybe an vst effect manuel for the channels? a thing that searchs true a channel and saying you can put that kind of ''effect'' on it.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Sam_Zen

It's quite difficult here to avoid getting sarcastic or sad.
0) You break the forum rule of one item in one topic.
1) If you want to save time, f... your samples faster.
2) You're asking way too much. And you ask for more easiness, without taking your time to improve your skills.

A good program like MPT is not some kind of slave for the user. It's a matter of cooperation, so the user has to adapt
himself to the program as well. If some aspects are complicated, well, learn how to deal with it.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

anyway the editor could use some improvements ;)
(but i guess we all know that)

@samplekit:

>make my sample harder, more volume.
there's an amplify-option in the editor

>put the sample into the editor by dragging it
should work from tree-view (that i don't use)

>easy looping samples (like the old ft2)
i think in mpt it's pretty much the same as in ft2
btw: you're using skale tracker and it's looping behaviour should be like ft2 1:1

>stretching samples and make them longer, i dontknow if its possible but okay
timestretching is already possible for about 2 years
(although i think it's still kind of poor)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

i can only say "RTFM" now :lol:
and try out every feature of OpenMPT... BSV already told you how to do that stuff.. why don't try the nice buttons in the sample editor yourself? :D

@bsv: yeah, i'm still waiting for time stretching for 8 bit wav samples... :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

rewbs

I find it hard to convince myself to spend time improving the sample editor when it's so easy to cut/paste to/from sound forge / auditon  (and I assume audacity too, haven't tried).

Waxhead

Regarding increasing a samples volume I suggested a feature who allowed to "overboost" a channels volume (reducing all other channels volume) or make the add the second channel transparent in another topic here on this board.
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=887.0

kit beats

:oops: O.k then maybe it is kinda sad i put this topic on, it's just how i feel this moment using mpt.

It's just hounest to say i want to do more with sounds than i can right now.
and its clearly i dont know where to start with, and by using also were to look in mpt.

And then it's not easy to work :?

Thanks!

p.s. Maybe an Dutch mpt?

Sam_Zen

A Dutch MPT is again a far away futuristic request. Maybe helpfiles or tutorials in other languages is an option, but this
is not something to ask the MPT-developers, but must be done by volunteers. Like with the Wiki.

There is no progression in complaining how difficult things are, and hoping for easy-does-it. If you really want to learn more,
then download some modules from other people, and start analyzing the song pattern by pattern.
And check codes with the question : How did they do it, and what's the result ?
Use the 'mouse-over' to read the properties of the code in the statusbar at the bottom.

Snu

ok, skipping over the ones that are already implemented...
Quote from: "Samplekit"
-undo on the sample editor:-)
agreed, this is an essential feature, but it has been requested and is (i hope?) in the works.

Quote-edit samples like make them different, like i do right now in the tracker : 201..101..110..210..and then save a sample like that.
i have no idea what you are talking about...?

Quote-a sample editor where i can put vst effects on the sample and save the sample.
that would bee cool, yes, i second that request

Quote-easyer putting codes into the tracker, like a manuel within.
huh? like when you double click on the effect column and can select the effect from a list?

Quote-maybe an vst effect manuel for the channels? a thing that searchs true a channel and saying you can put that kind of ''effect'' on it.
huh again?

aGIANTpupafish

Quote from: "Samplekit"
-a sample editor where i can put vst effects on the sample and save the sample.
-

why not save a track with just one note with the VST effect on it and save that as a .wav and use that as a sample?
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Saga Musix

yes that works. but i think it would be easiert to do it in the sample-editor coz it could keep your loop points then :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Heheh thanks for the responses people!

Maybe i really am crazy, im going to take more time for figger things out.

@Snu :

easyer putting codes into the tracker, like a manuel within...YES

maybe an vst effect manuel for the channels? a thing that searchs true a channel and saying you can put that kind of ''effect'' on it.

I DONT know what kind of effect im must give by example a bass or a snare or electronic sounds..

edit samples like make them different, like i do right now in the tracker : 201..101..110..210..and then save a sample like that. I MEAN a sample editor..with a little tracker within i guess :nuts:

Regards guys;)