Save as wave in the pattern

Started by Rakib, February 24, 2009, 16:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

I'll let the picture speak for it self.

^^

LPChip

What do you see as a selected column?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I think that should rather be "selected rows", because "selected colums" implies that channels have to be muted, which can already be done manually. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Sorry for my poor english, but I'll try to explain:

Save pattern as wave would be pattern nr 34->wave
Save colums as wave would be pattern nr 34, channel 11->wave
Save marked pattern as wave would be pattern 34, row 20-35->wave
Save marked column as wave would be pattern 34, channel 11, row 20-35->wave
^^

LPChip

I don't see how you can have marked patterns to be different than pattern if you're accessing it from the pattern itself.

Marked column would be better if it were save selection as wav, so it can even span multiple channels too.

In fact, Save selection could eliminate 3 of the options.

Save channel, save pattern and save marked column as wave can be done by a simple CTRL-L selection or mouse selection.

1x CTRL-L will select the entire channel, so saving the selection to wav will then get you the entire channel.
2x CTRL-L will select the entire pattern, so saving the selection to wave will then get you the entire pattern.

Making a selection with the mouse will then get you that selection saved to wave.

Save marked patterns still can be an issue, but there already is the option to select a beginning and end order in the export to wav dialog. Perhaps it could expand to have the option: if a set of orders is selected, it will choose that or even enter the from and end based on that selection, so you just need to enable those orders only.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Ok, I'll try again. This time I'm showing with selections of what shoud be saved as wave. I hope you understand it this time.
It's nr 1 and forward.

^^

LPChip

As I thought!

1 = 2x CTRL-L, then save selection to wave.
2 = 1x CTRL-L, then save selectin to wave.
4 = make selection manuallly, then save to wave.

3= There could be a way added to extend the selection to all the rows, and then save the selection to wave.