[DECLINED] Making Modplug Tracker Similar to Microsoft Word

Started by Really Weird Person, June 04, 2007, 00:46:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Here is an idea. You could make Modplug Tracker act similar to Microsoft Word for copying! What I mean is this.

Say you have a song that is sixteen 64 row patterns long and a song that is one 1,024 row pattern (16 patterns) long. What you could do is make it so that Modplug Tracker would push the patterns ahead, meaning this.

Control-5:  Copy the pattern
Control-V:  Paste the pattern

Oh, crap, I do not have enough space for this! No problem, how about the patterns after the first one get moved to the next patterns! That way, I do not have to copy each pattern individually! Having to copy each pattern individually does get quite frustrating! Does anyone else like this idea?

LPChip

Moving to the request forum.
------------------------------

Its a nice idea. But I don't know if its easy to implement such thing, cus it could mean that other data is being overwritten, or will move notes to an unwanted place.

Since this will require some serious thinking by the programmers, I doubt that this feature will be added anytime soon.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs