Midi Sync with Cubase/Adobe Audition 1.5

Started by dacess, May 29, 2007, 13:50:23

Previous topic - Next topic

levon zoltar

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "LevonZOLTAR"by the live i ment record instruments live(play hardware synths, scratch etc.etc.)  i have used mpt since day one, also openmp so i guess i know pretty much all you can do with it ;)  . sometimes i make some track with mpt and save all the channels as an individual wawe, then put all dat shiit in some daw and records some other stuff in top of that. but thats way too much work plus theres no undos. i think rewiring mpt would be one of the most important features of it, at least for me, and i think for the lot of people that record some stuff. so far good work though, i really enjoy new features!!

So you are aware of all the functions OpenMPT offers as it comes with transitions on pattern change? (like mute channel, unmute, solo, play pattern x etc...?)

what the f*ck those functions got to do with recording live??(and once again, by the live, i mean playing instruments, not programming mpt) i mean that, it would be nice that you could RECORD WAWEs like in daws. if you could sync mpt for example with acid, you could do programming in Mpt AND record real live playing on top of it in acid, without fuckin with the wawes everytime you wanna change something in Mpt.. capito??

LPChip

I thought, you ment the ability to use mpt as an instrument itself.

There's no need to swear though. Everyone can make a mistake, so if you're willing to let me make one, I'd be pleased. :D

But you mean the ability to record a wav file during playback so that it becomes a sample and automatically is being entered in the pattern, right?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

levon zoltar

Quote from: "LPChip"I thought, you ment the ability to use mpt as an instrument itself.

There's no need to swear though. Everyone can make a mistake, so if you're willing to let me make one, I'd be pleased. :D

But you mean the ability to record a wav file during playback so that it becomes a sample and automatically is being entered in the pattern, right?

sorry, i guess i was pissed at work :D anyway... best case scenario would be that i could sync MPT with other programs exmpl. Acid , so if i press rec/play in acid the mpt would start playing also
and their tempos would be synced , so i could do programming in MPT and recording/wawe editing in acid...   i´ve been doing this with mpt and soundforge ... i press play in mpt and record(vocals etc) with forge then copy/paste sample to mpt,  it works aiiith with short and medium sized files... but when it comes to vocals and long solos etc. its pretty annoying.. and because mpt and forge are not in sync, you have to find exact start point everytime wich is also annouying... so i dont need to record live as a live on stage etc. i guess more correct term is record(and playback) in sync?? sorry about swearing!!
pz out

levon zoltar

www.myspace.com/levonzoltar

all the tracks made with mpt except "just a quickie" and "ninja commitment"
wich i made with mpt and acid...

anboi

midi sync would be nice, and being able to sync two instances of mpt would be very useful as well. i think i actually had a weird build with that option in, possibly done by a coder who's not a regular on here, i can't remember. it was a pretty old version though.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "anboi"...being able to sync two instances of mpt would be very useful as well. i think i actually had a weird build with that option in, possibly done by a coder who's not a regular on here, i can't remember. it was a pretty old version though.
The build was named Modplug23. The latest version I'm aware of is from 2006.

levon zoltar

actually best solution for this would be that MPT would function as a vst instrument... that would solve all the problems with wawe recording and syncing. that would be ultra versatile tool... imagine any daw with couple of tracks of mpts with other plugs + wawe recording, editing at the same time all in sync... like a revisit tracker, except that sucks as a tracker..
nice on paper

älskling

Quote from: "levon zoltar"actually best solution for this would be that MPT would function as a vst instrument...

Did you try pelyas's vsti version?

levon zoltar

downloaded it , i doesnt seem to work properly , i got it work in acid 6.0 , and once i even got mpt to play sync with acid , but now it only works like normal mpt but audio comes out from acid... please help me if you can

älskling

Quote from: "levon zoltar"downloaded it , i doesnt seem to work properly , i got it work in acid 6.0 , and once i even got mpt to play sync with acid , but now it only works like normal mpt but audio comes out from acid... please help me if you can
It probably is quite buggy. Didn't try it myself as it's not a feature I'm that interested in (at least not right now), but try PM:ing Pelya. I'm sure he'd like some input (unless he lost interest due to the underwhelming response when he originally posted about it).