Midi Sync with Cubase/Adobe Audition 1.5

Started by dacess, May 29, 2007, 13:50:23

Previous topic - Next topic

dacess

It would be good if Modplug could be Midi-sync'd to a multitracker as a slave. If the tempo and song position are controlled by the host, you can record vocals/live instruments on Cubase without having to first convert the MPT track to wave, and load it in to your multitracker. It would be much easier, and quicker to make part changes etc, and you can render the song to wav format when your satisfied there are no more volume, or part changes to make. If anyone already knows a way how to do this, please let me know!!!

Edit by Mod: Added [REQ] tags to the title

LevonZOLTAR

thats the feature im really waiting (rewire) . when it comes.. i will be really happy
acid5.0/6.0 with MPT = dopeness!!!!
...reveals that the artifact contained the spirit of an evil satanist, Levon Zoltar, who was slain by Nick's father. Now the dark sorcerer's spirit is trying to return with the help of his sons, one of whom, a macabre magician, becomes an earthly vessel for Zoltar's evil soul.

dacess

Tell me about it. I would pay top dollar to have a rewire version of modplug. What kind of music do you make?

LevonZOLTAR

i make dub, electro, techno, hiphop beats, scratch music and what ever comes in to my mind.. i love to do music with modplug but nowadays i also want to play lot of thing live , and modplug is not too good for that..  if only you could rewire it ...
...reveals that the artifact contained the spirit of an evil satanist, Levon Zoltar, who was slain by Nick's father. Now the dark sorcerer's spirit is trying to return with the help of his sons, one of whom, a macabre magician, becomes an earthly vessel for Zoltar's evil soul.

Sam_Zen

2 LevonZOLTAR
MPT has definitely improved since build .46 for playing live.
Especially for playing hiphop beats I would say.
In fact, with the proper arrangements of channels and instruments, one would only need one pattern, to play a whole song.

I'm planning to write a topic about it in the Technical documents dept. with some examples.

LevonZOLTAR

by the live i ment record instruments live(play hardware synths, scratch etc.etc.)  i have used mpt since day one, also openmp so i guess i know pretty much all you can do with it ;)  . sometimes i make some track with mpt and save all the channels as an individual wawe, then put all dat shiit in some daw and records some other stuff in top of that. but thats way too much work plus theres no undos. i think rewiring mpt would be one of the most important features of it, at least for me, and i think for the lot of people that record some stuff. so far good work though, i really enjoy new features!!

LPChip

Quote from: "LevonZOLTAR"by the live i ment record instruments live(play hardware synths, scratch etc.etc.)  i have used mpt since day one, also openmp so i guess i know pretty much all you can do with it ;)  . sometimes i make some track with mpt and save all the channels as an individual wawe, then put all dat shiit in some daw and records some other stuff in top of that. but thats way too much work plus theres no undos. i think rewiring mpt would be one of the most important features of it, at least for me, and i think for the lot of people that record some stuff. so far good work though, i really enjoy new features!!

So you are aware of all the functions OpenMPT offers as it comes with transitions on pattern change? (like mute channel, unmute, solo, play pattern x etc...?)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. The only thing I still miss is : Stop playback on transition.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Yeah, that's what I had in mind. The only thing I still miss is : Stop playback on transition.

You could mute all at transition, and then when nothing is played, press stop. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

You would do me a big favour if you could point me out where to find such an option.
The only solution so far is a jump to some added empty pattern and then stop.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"You would do me a big favour if you could point me out where to find such an option.
The only solution so far is a jump to some added empty pattern and then stop.

Solo on transition, then mute that channel on transition? :)

Sam_Zen

Nice trick. Tested. You'll have to be quick though, within the time of the pattern.
But I'm afraid we're getting OT here..

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Nice trick. Tested. You'll have to be quick though, within the time of the pattern.
But I'm afraid we're getting OT here..

Last thing to be off-topic then... :P

You can also solo an empty channel on transition. :)

älskling

Regarding ReWire, the licensing scheme pretty much makes it impossible to implement in an open source application.

dacess

Even midi-sync would do. I do agree that Modplug has come a long way though. Out of reason, cubase, magix, ableton live, i still prefer to use Modplug simply because of ease and speed of use. It's just a shame its so limited when it comes to linking it with other software.