.47 Compatiblity Export does not work

Started by Saga Musix, May 27, 2007, 21:20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.2.47

Description of the bug:
Hm, seems like the compatiblity export is not compatible to Impulse Tracker at all. I had problems with it during some Compos when someone complained that he couldn't open the samplepack in IT, although it was saved using compatiblity export. Luckily, IT's built-in sample-browser was able to open the module, so he could load all stuff, sample by sample. My guess is a wrong Version ID, but who knows...?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.2.47

Description of the bug:
Hm, seems like the compatiblity export is not compatible to Impulse Tracker at all. I had problems with it during some Compos when someone complained that he couldn't open the samplepack in IT, although it was saved using compatiblity export. Luckily, IT's built-in sample-browser was able to open the module, so he could load all stuff, sample by sample. My guess is a wrong Version ID, but who knows...?

It is possible that stereo samples were used? IT had only support for mono samples.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Can you provide the problematic file?

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"It is possible that stereo samples were used? IT had only support for mono samples.
for maximum compatiblity, i use 8bit mono samples only ;) only in compos for sure :lol:

testcase (it works with virtually every file, so i just made a new, small one): (link removed)
the song title is shown correctly in IT, but file format is "Impulse Tracker ?.??" - i guess it got a problem with the file version then?

by the way, i had no problem with Modplug 1.16 and IT, even if i used the "hacks".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

rewbs

You're right, the .it version numbers are all wrong. Will fix.

Saga Musix

Any hope that this will be fixed soon? It's quite bad to have incompatible sample packs at compos... :\ I mean, that can't be much work, can it? Just changing a version variable...

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"Any hope that this will be fixed soon? It's quite bad to have incompatible sample packs at compos... :\ I mean, that can't be much work, can it? Just changing a version variable...
I would imagine that a possible fix will be in the next build, but I don't know when it is to appear.

Saga Musix

Files can be loaded, but I still can't use you project tree (no audio, openmpt crashes ;) )

Saga Musix