[Chiptune/Electronic] The Old Testament , 5 tracks (MP3 192)

Started by Gaspy Conana, May 25, 2007, 16:54:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaspy Conana

-01- In the Beginning (3:29)
-02- Eden (3:47)
-03- Noah and the Flood (3:02)
-04- Climbing the Ziggurat (5:11)
-05- The Exodus (6:54)

http://jaytholen.net/jaytholen_theoldtestament.zip (30.6 Mb)

This is the first half of a project I've been working on for the past few weeks. Just a fun project I fit in to distract me from my every day responsibilities. I'm still open to messing around with the songs, so any feedback would be appreciated. :)

Made almost entirely in MPT, with the exception of some scary effects in Eden that I produced externally.

Sam_Zen

Is it possible to offer this also as 5 single zips ? I've quite a slow connection.

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Is it possible to offer this also as 5 single zips ? I've quite a slow connection.

I'm planning on uploading the individual tracks. They'll be up tomorrow. :)

KrazyKatz

Two Words..

Bloody Good!

"In the beginning" & "The Exodus" would sound brilliant if they were performed by an orchestra. If you send me the original files, I could try convert them into an orchestral form. Just PM me.

Where have you been hiding?
Exceptional stuff for a chip tune. Keep it up!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Gaspy Conana

Thanks a lot. I'm a fan of the baroque period, so some of that probably comes through at times. I'm also a big fan of prog/krautrock. :)

But yeah, that would be cool, I'll get some of them uploaded.

http://www.last.fm/music/Jay+Tholen/The+Old+Testament

You can download full mp3s there. Only 128 kbps, but I have limited connectivity and uploading takes forever.

kit beats

The beginning & The Exodus are brilliant, verry nices tunes i think. (im listening now for the 4'd time). i like the banging sounds in The beginning, or how do you say it hahah. it is full of great sounds!

what i don't like are some samples (i think im just not used to/of chip sounds).

The same for The Exodus (sample thing). nice tunes only from 3:25 i think it's going to be long winded.

From 1:38 it's pushing great sounds!

These 2 i think have something of a hiphop beat. 8)

Regards,
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "Samplekit"The beginning & The Exodus are brilliant, verry nices tunes i think. (im listening now for the 4'd time). i like the banging sounds in The beginning, or how do you say it hahah. it is full of great sounds!

what i don't like are some samples (i think im just not used to/of chip sounds).

The same for The Exodus (sample thing). nice tunes only from 3:25 i think it's going to be long winded.

From 1:38 it's pushing great sounds!

These 2 i think have something of a hiphop beat. 8)

Regards,

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, could it be the sound effects? Basically I just took some stock sounds and bitcrushed them down to sort of fit the style a bit. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand. :)

Asharin

I don't really like chiptunes, but these were pretty good :)
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

kit beats

Quote from: "Gaspy Conana"
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, could it be the sound effects? Basically I just took some stock sounds and bitcrushed them down to sort of fit the style a bit. Not everyone's cup of tea, I understand. :)

:) my point is, im not so in to chip tunes, the sounds. Mostly i like straight piano or strait guitar samples etc..

But the notes of The beginning & Exodus i think are really good.

p.s. my english is not so well  :D

What is bitcrushed?!

Saga Musix

i guess "bitcrushing" is just another word for "chipping"... it means that you just take a few hundred bytes of a sound to create a ... well... chip sound :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Quote from: "Jojo"i guess "bitcrushing" is just another word for "chipping"... it means that you just take a few hundred bytes of a sound to create a ... well... chip sound :D

Ok :D you mean a littlebit of one sample, i mean a really short wave or?

What means a few hundred bytes of a sound?!  :P

Saga Musix

yes, a very little bit of a sound, also called "beep" :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Gaspy Conana

Quote from: "Jojo"yes, a very little bit of a sound, also called "beep" :)

True. :)

Thanks for the nice comments and such.

Saga Musix

i finally cleaned up my download dir and listened to the tunes. They're pretty nice chip tunes! keep up the nice work! ;)