Started by Maxime, May 24, 2007, 19:14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxime

Hi guys,

The Cleanup options don't work anymore!

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.46, OpenMPT v1.17.02.47

Description of the bug:
The Song Cleanup options seem to have been broken since build 46. With my current IT track (85 MB), I can't use the Cleanup Samples or Cleanup Song options to remove unused samples, although it asks me to do so.

The options were perfectly working with build 45: I have made the test with the same file, and it successfully finds 27 unused samples (and properly removes them as well).

How often does it happen?:
Each time I use the option, of course.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Easy :lol:
Edit > Cleanup > Song.
"Remove associated samples if unused?" > Yes.
Doesn't work :lol:

Until the bug is fixed, I'll make the cleanup with build 45...
Hope I'll not loose info between 47 and 45.

Saga Musix

i have spotted this problems aswell. you can use Cleanup Instruments, though. it will also kill the ununsed samples if you want to. but indeed, bugfix needed!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Maxime

Quote from: "Jojo"i have spotted this problems aswell. you can use Cleanup Instruments, though. it will also kill the ununsed samples if you want to. but indeed, bugfix needed!
Really? :shock:  I've just tried the Cleanup Instruments with my IT file and build 47, and it doesn't work as well.

Relabsoluness

:?   For me the clean up seems to work fine - bit of a problem to start fixing what doesn't seem broken.

Sam_Zen

Can't confirm this with .46
I imported one sample to a IT song, and it was gone after cleaning.

It's another discussion, but during this test I noticed that the cleanup actions don't have any active undo-function.

LPChip

Can you make a testcase .IT file that gets broken once you do a cleanup?

So: you load that .it file, perform the cleanup action, and see it being broken?

Then upload that .it file and post a link? Maybe there's something else going on here?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Maxime

Pretty easy.

I'll not link one of my files, as they weight several dozens of MB, but I've made a very little IT file which has the same problem with builds 46 and 47.

You'll find this file here.

I've loaded one of my self-made instruments (classic synth bass, cutted down to save space) into the module, samples being E3, A3, E4 and A4. I've entered some notes in the pattern grid, ranging from C3 to B3.

As a result, the E4 and A4 samples are not used in this file, as they respectively start playing notes from E4 and A4.

Build 45 successfully detects 2 unused samples and removes them, where 46 and 47 both fail to do so.

Note that I've always upgraded an existing installation of MPT each time I installed a new version, and that all the executables (45, 46 and 47) are in the same folder (therefore, they share the same files in the subfolders).

I used to pickup the "Pentium 4" builds of OpenMPT each time, but did not do so starting with v46 (IIRC): v45 executable is labelled "Generic" while both 46 and 47 executables are simply named mptrack.exe.1.17.02.XX.exe.

Hope this helps :)

LPChip

Thanks for providing a testcase.

I'm sure the developers will be able to find where things go wrong, so they can fix it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Maxime

rewbs

Please try v1.17.02.48 and tell us if it works as it should now, so we can close the bug.

Maxime

Quote from: "rewbs"Please try v1.17.02.48 and tell us if it works as it should now, so we can close the bug.
Just tried it out with my latest IT file, and b48 Song Cleanup options work perfectly. Thanks :)